CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fun things to do this summer...


I've been thinking of some fun things we can do this summer--just 30 minute or so of spontaneous fun. It always helps me to make a list, at least mentally, and I like to do this alphabetically (because I'm weird and because they need support groups for ppl like me). So I thought I'd share what I've come up with:


Art

Bubbles (or I'd rather say BEACH, but considering it's 100 miles away...)

Cupcakes

Watching a DVD together

Exercise together

Flea Market (browsing flea markets together..maybe with older children...)

Games

Hopscotch (drawing up a hopscotch on the sidewalk...)

Ice Cream (going for icecream or making your own)

Jungle Gym (making your own in the house with pillows and chairs and blankets)

Kite (flying a kite...don't know if there is enough wind, though, during the summer)

Laugh with each other (it's contagious with kids)

Music (turn on kid's music and dance together)

Nature Walk (my kids love this...just don't get burned out walking in the heat...)

Ocean (again, on my brain)

Play dough or Park (make some playdough...get a recipe on the internet that calls for Kool-Aid...)

Rest together (pile up somewhere and read books)

Swim

Trip (take a trip to an area closeby you have never been together)

Walmart (hey, sounds good?)

Yelling (have a yelling match a see who can get the loudest)

Zoo (if you have one close by....we don't)

0 comments: