CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Back Home...

Wow, it has been a really long time since I've posted, but we've been so busy with Summer--full speed ahead that I haven't taken the time to blog. I will try to do better. On vacation, I had a chance to blog read a bit and was really inspired by the wonderful inspiring blogs out there. I came home motivated and encouraged to be a better wife and mother! Can't beat that, can you?
Well, we took a little trip about 3 hours from here. Actually, we accompanied my husband on his trip to a 3 day conference and stayed in the Hotel where the conference was being hosted. Now, don't laugh, but I have never stayed in a fancy Hotel before! Really. I was slightly nervous. I mean, who do you tip and who do you not tip? Etc. Well, things I've learned on this trip: 1. Tip everyone. 2. EVERYTHING costs at a hotel...even internet service...a movie is $13.95 to rent, as opposed to $3.95 off PPV--not that we rented anything, that's for sure! 3. The pool is awesome and very kid friendly. 4. Most ppl there look 'down-home' like we looked. There are more things, but my littlest one just awakened, so I'll go ahead and post some pictures from our trip. Nice to be home, but we did have a nice family time! Oh, 3 things about my kids on this trip: Babies CAN get there hands stuck in the elevator doors...oh my..it was tramatizing..thank goodness for my husband's calmness to just gently remove the hand before the doors pulled open any harder; Another thing is that 4 yr olds and 6 yr olds can still have accidents in their undies when they are playing hard at the park. AND it always happens when you have been there 5 or 10 minutes, AND there is no bathroom in site, AND you have valet parking when your van doesn't smell fresh upon arriving back ("Again, so soon?"); Also, my kids are loud, esp in a hotel lobby! :o)






Enjoying an ice cream cone after a really hot spell at the park.

The hotel--we were on the 10th floor.

At an outside BBQ restaurant
My handsome husband in a solemn expression
"I'm so tired"

He still has time from his busy schedule of watching PBS Kids to draw.

The waterfall outside the hotel. I was quite scared the kids would fall in before the picture was taken!
The nice room--sorry the picture quality isn't good.

Vegging out--watching cartoons after a hard day of swimming.

He loved the swimming pool!! He would say, "Look, Mom, I'm svimming!"

0 comments: