CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 23, 2009

Ah..normalcy


Well, here to stay is the new belly bump, but gone, it seems, is the tiredness and drained feeling. Yes, I'm glad for some normalcy around here. We have settle back into a routine after a routine of doing what ever I *felt* like at the time, which wasn't much, I tell you. Is it a coincidence that I'm feeling better just in time for the flowers to be in full bloom and the freshly mowed grass to tickle my nose? Spring does wonders in dragging a body out of the pregnancy pit of despair. Yes, it does.
With my new burst of energy I have been working on maintaining the house in a state of something other than irrepair and disaster zone. I have also been feeling like being a schoolteacher again and we have been doing school work (complete with written lesson plans) full force. It is really going great and for the fifteenth time, I have no regrets about homeschooling. None whatsoever. I think it is making my son a little more clingy to me, but I will take that anyday over "Eww, those are my parents?" attitude that would hit around 6th or 7th grade in public school (when he would all of the sudden value his peers' opinion of things over his parents').
This week will consist of wiping a fresh truckload of ew..snotty noses (Evan, teething and just croupy), doing Laundry and getting to hang my clothes out (ahhh), schooling (including my now FOUR year old daughter), going on a field trip (Thursday with the local homeschooling group), and just. doing. normal. things.
Normalcy. Mundane. Routine. Aren't those nice words?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are feeling a better. I understand that feeling. My third pregnancy I had it the whole entire time as well as morning sickness. Till the day I gave birth.

MameyJane said...

A truckload of snot? What vivid pictures you paint! (ew). I ate a bag of Bugels just for you yesterday, if that gives you any satisfaction. Ha! Glad you're feeling better. Being pregnant makes those normal things seem 10 x harder. I'm enjoying my piano lessons! The lesson seems almost too easy...I look forward to sitting down at the piano, and have to tear myself away! I'll be so nervous when it's time to play for you, though!

Pint-Size Princess said...

It's always nice to get things back to normal, isn't it? Just as we were starting to get back into routine after the baby, it's all nice outside and we'd rather be out there than inside cleaning, surprise surprise, lol.