CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Grandmother....

...passed away Tuesday evening at a little after 6 pm. She was 84. *Granny* was one of the godliest women I ever knew and her ultimate desire was to give praise to the Lord. I remember staying with her some during my childhood and it was not uncommon to here her going around her duties praising the Lord. She was a believer in modesty and godliness to the ultimate. She thought women should even wear pantyhose always to church. :o)
I so appreciate the heritage she left me. Because of her and my grandfather (mostly her, because he didn't get saved until later on in life), my mom is a godly woman and I, in turn, desire to be godly and holy toward the Lord.
Praise the Lord for my wonderful Grandmother! The funeral is today at 2pm. We have nasty weather here (may snow, but it has been really rainy and cold) and the two oldest has nasty colds and coughs. Should make for a bitterly cold graveside service.

2 comments:

Sondra! said...

I am so sorry about your Granny. I know your Mom will miss her so. Isn't it wonderful to know the hope of Heaven-it is truly all that has taken us through lately.
Praying for you guys.

MameyJane said...

I, too, am sorry to hear about your Grandmother. What a wonderful legacy she has left behind. What a wonderful time she is having up there right now, joining the cloud of witnesses who are watching from heaven and encouraging us onward.