CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Updates and such (with pictures)

Hello, dear friends!
I hope each of you are enjoying this *extremely busy* holiday season. I've not enjoyed my lack of blogging, but I did have a somewhat good excuse. My internet connection wouldn't work for a few days and since we've been back online, I haven't taken the time to blog. So, I decided that I would spend just 10 minutes blogging and if I don't get done, I will save it and come back to it later. Ya gotta start somewhere! :o)

Since I've been away, my eldest has turned 6 years old. Wow, isn't that something? I will add pictures of his cake and his small party with a couple of his newest friends.
Also while I've been away, we made the Advent craft that I posted about in a few posts back. It turned out GREAT. I was surprised that I had that crafty side in me. :) Since this craft, I've had a few more ideas to pop in my head. We'll see how that turns out. :o) The sad thing is we haven't actually *done* any of the Advent activities yet. :o( I need a few more hours in the day! Anyway, we have put up the Christmas tree and the kids really helped with that. Erin (3 yr old) didn't put 5 ornaments per branch like she did last year (so cute!). She really did great! Evan has ignored the tree, pretty much, so that is a relief. I am ready for the *training sessions* should he start to throw the ornaments or such. :) Speaking of training, he is ripe for that now. I can't believe I was so dumb to think that kids couldn't be trained (or had never heard of such) when Emory was Evan's age). Evan will pretty much come when called and obey really well. It's so exciting to see this--really amazing. I'm soooo thankful to the Lord for allowing books like "To Train Up a Child" and "Raising Godly Tomatoes" to come in to my life. Thank you, thank you, Lord. I want to tell others about them, but sometimes ppl just don't want to hear what you have to say about things they look to the 'experts' on, ya know? Anyway, that is *so* off topic. Then again, I guess this post doesn't really have a specific topic, huh...
My dear husband is about to have a really big change happen in his life. A good change, we hope. :o) More about that maybe later. Just say a prayer for him next week....
Every year on my children's birthdays we try to weigh and measure them. We write it on a spot in their closets. At Emory's birthday he had grown 1 & 5/8ths inches and gained 3lbs since last birthday. We were proud of that--especially the weight. That boy sure does like to eat! :) So far since the last birthday he has: started school, memorized passages of Scriptures (like Psalm 1 & 23), learned to dress himself/wipe himself *smile*, learned to speak more clearly (this time last year he was saying, chuch for church, Ewyn for Erin, etc.) and he really behaves more pleasing. Just recently he has been admiring our new pastor's daughter, Maddie, who is a beautiful little girl age 7. He pretty much has *spoken* for her hand when the time comes. :o) I can't believe the crush bug bites so soon. :o/
My two littles have started playing really well together. Evan *adores* his sister!!! I mean he worships her, per se. He can be in the grumpiest of moods and she can say anything to him, or even come in the room and he is a different child! :o) I figure in a few months, they will be playing together as well as she and Em do now! Funny how they grow SOO fast.
As for me, the Lord has been so moving in my life. I'm still getting up early to seek Him and to read His Word. I have fallen in love with His Word! My prayer time is wonderful as well. Now, honestly, there are some mornings where I just can't *feel* it--other than my head nodding into my lap...lol...but a couple days a week, the Lord's presence comes by and I just bask in God's goodness. He is so real to me. I somehow *know* he has something for my family to do. Or, perhaps for my children. There is some reason He has led me into homeschooling, and other things that teach my children about God. It's exciting to know that God may use us in the Last Days! I read the other day in Acts how the disciples were being persecuted for Christ and they counted it an honor to suffer for Christ--they were actually happy to be beaten for Christ. I pray that I will love the Lord so much that I would do anything for Him--no matter what. I really am determined to go forward in God. If you've never had an *experience* with the Lord, I encourage you to seek Him, earnestly!
I will try to upload my pictures so I can send this and go to bed. I truly trust that all of my friends are having a wonderful holiday season. Be sure to blog about some of the things you and your children are doing. Let me know about your baking! :o) I love to bake--I may add a pic of hubby's early birthday cheesecake. It is delish! Also, other things I have made may be added (I guess I'm the only weird person who takes pictures of their culinary creations?).
Update: It has taken me several days to finish this post, as things have been really busy, so pls forgive my slowness at blogging! Here aare a few pictures to leave you with:
Working on the Advent Calendar:

Erin had fun taking all the matches out of the boxes and she and Emory also helped glue on the end pieces.

And Evan had fun putting the matches into the Coke, which by the way *wasn't* his..I got `verybody a drink that day for a rare *treat*.

And the final result! I love it--it turned out very festive! (Now we have got to start using it...I have been so unfestive this year, so far!) :o(

Now, some pictures of Em's party and cake:


A close-up of the cake, made by yours truly! :o) It was really good. I made the cake with a cake mix (but added 2 mystery ingredients to it) but I did make the icing from scratch.

Just some general baking pics (baking done over the past 2 weeks or so...I love to bake):


American Beauty cake made to take to an elderly sick man (I hate not being able to taste of something before I send it--so I don't know how it tasted!)
An old Fashioned pound cake--never had made one before--it turned out tasting delicious, but I took it out of the pan before it had completely cooled--the result--it almost came apart)


Cheesecake for *Daddy*--early birthday present--a tradition going on for about 7 years--this is a 3-layer cheesecake--white chocolate, chocolate, and strawberry! :o)

Chicken-on-a-stick, a very good, easy supper! Kids love it! Well, that's all! It's taken me forever to finish this post--have a great day!

2 comments:

Brandy said...

I have been wondering where you have been. I enjoy you blogs and have been missing them. I love all the cakes, looks really good. The chicken on the stick is mouth watering. How do you do that?

Natural Mama said...

Hey Brandy, it's just chopped potatoes, chicken, and onions. Also, dill pickles--put all of that on a skewer and roll in flour mixture (flour, salt, pepper, and some Season-All). Fry in hot oil. Oh, also, I marinate the chicken before I put it on the stick.