CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday's My Day...


Hello, everyone! I hope you had a pleasant Monday. The weather was fairly warm today. Actually it was one of those days in which you go out and feel nothing. Not a chill or heat. The sun wasn't out or the breeze blowing. We spent a good bit of time out of doors and I really enjoyed getting out without freezing! :o)

Well, my day started a little after 6 this morning. It was nice to get up without having to build a fire. I do *so* enjoy sitting by the fire, reading my Bible, but it was nice not freezing until the fire catches up! :o) I really love my old-fashioned home! :o) My devotion this morning was from 2 Timothy and after a quick prayer, I started on my day. My goal is still to get up at 5 consecutively and I know I would really reap rewards. Anyway...

The house was pretty messy a gift from our Sunday's being so busy now (Christmas play practice on Sunday afternoons), so I had my work cut out for me. Making bread, cleaning the kitchen, straightening and sweeping the Living Room/Dining Room...whew! The kiddos got up...Evan officially pitter-pats into the living room now instead of calling me until I come in to get him. It is sooooo stinking cute! Erin is a really late riser, which works out fine because she is no-napping right now (except on days where I know she will get into bed late). We had hashbrowns for breakfast, which were really good, but once again, I didn't cut up enough potatoes. Mental note to self, *use 4 potatoes instead of 3*. Yours truly got the slighted plate. :o)

During Evan's nap, we did our Bible reading and Read Aloud. We have 2 more chapters in Black Beauty. That book is really, really good. I don't know if the children have followed every single happening, but for the most part, they are attentive (not as much as with Pinocchio). The next book we will read is The Call of the Wild by Jack London. I have never read that one before, so I'm excited! :o) Oh, I fogot to mention that while I was doing some of my usual kitchen/Lr/DR straightening, the kids pulled all the cushions off of the couch, sheets off of the beds, comforters, pillows, etc. and made *caves*. Do your kids do this too? It drives me crazy if it is not laundry bedding day! (But of course, I just let them be kids, but inwardly it is driving me bonkers). Today happened to be laundry day for our bedding (oh and that is so *not* today's laundry pic above...it was definitely not a clothesline kind of day) so they had a good time playing on the bedding.

Daddy came home during this time to get our van to take it to get the brakes fixed. They were scrubbing something horribly. This took a nice chunk of Christmas spending money, but oh well, I'm just glad we had it! Poor hubby, he is having to eat liquids and broths for several more days now! Please pray for him that the Lord will give him strength to make it through these next few days.

We spent a lot of time outside, playing with Emory's remote control airplane and swinging and such. At one point we played freeze tag and even Evan would join in (*unfreezing* us). We had a 3 car pile up one time--with all 3 kiddos on top of yours truly! I got to do a little bit of yard work which is something that *desperately* needs doing. My yard is very unkempt right now. I love being outside, but preferably with the conditions are favorable. :o)

We did our schoolwork in spurts, with Reading taking the longest. I really am having a problem with losing my patience with Emory during Reading. I am having trouble deciphering whether or not his trouble with deciphering is legit. Some words like *has* and *had* or something like that, he has been saying for several months now. All of the sudden, he will have trouble with it. He spilled the beans to me one day a few weeks ago that he had *known the word, but just didn't want to say it*. I have been leary of his ability since then. He is definitely the *son of Adam*. :op Anyway, it took us an hour to read our lesson. Really. I was so tired and frustrated, but the Lord helped me with most of it. ;o) Science and History were a breeze. Daddy did his Language with him (English buff that he is). I still love homeschooling! My goal is to get homeschooling to where I just do *that* during the day (like from 9-2pm or something). I'm sure that's what I'll do when I have 2 or 3 in school at one time.

I got my favorite magazine, No Greater Joy, in the mail today, so I read it while the kids and I ate Spaghetti for a late lunch (did you get your magazine?). It proved wonderful yet again. So encouraging--the articles were so timely. Praise God for a ministry like they have--unashamed to bodly proclaim what we *must* hear for the sake of our families!

This evening was spent cleaning off my porch while the kids played in the *ahem* mud outside. They weren't literally *in* the mud, but they had toy horses, cows, etc., who were *drinking* the muddy water. They did get a bit dirty! :o) So....my porch got clean. :o)

We didn't have supper, because I'm having somewhat of a reprieve in my cooking since hubby can't eat just *anything*. I'm enjoying it because I know I will be ready to cook again when it is time. The kids and I had applesauce or yogurt.

They got baths and after a few stories *told* by daddy and read by me, they are tuckered out. Another day, more memories. Speaking of one, I was on the phone talking to a dear, dear friend (our pastor's wife who has become a wonderful friend to me) when I suddenly didn't hear my littliest one and I suddenly remembered that we had been painting in the living room which prompted my thoughts to the paints lying *open* on the chair. Evan had *painted* the chair and had spilled the water that we were dipping our brushes in. He had streaks of paint on his face and of course, was looking so innocent! It was a video moment. :o)

Well, as for me, I'm feeling a bit under the weather today. I've pressed on, ignoring the bulging sinuses and scratching throat, but I'm scared at what I might be feeling like tomorrow (some faith, huh?). My mom has the, get this...FLU, so I'm really, really unsure of what tomorrow might bring. I have my cup of Elderberry/Peppermint tea and have gulped it down as if I've *found the cure*. :o)

Well, I hope you've had a lovely day. Thanks for reading about mine. You would've had lots of smiles and laughs had you been here today. I would've had you folding laundry or something! :o) Which, wait....you probably had lots o' laughs at your place and probably a *spot* of laundry folding as well????

Good night and God bless!

2 comments:

Pint-Size Princess said...

That sounds like a great day! Right now we're just working to survive in this house, lol.

Anonymous said...

Your Monday sounds like mine in bits and spurts. I love The Call of the Wild. Very good!!! That is so funny, my kids made caves and a house out of my throws and pillows yesterday. :0)