CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 26, 2008

Joy


Well, this morning finds me very sleepy (I'm out of coffee) and pretty disoriented. I did my quiet time, but I was so sleepy, that I may try to squeeze it in later on today. I'm coughing tons this morning (leftover from a sinus infection) and that is pretty aggravating. Anyway, it wouldn't seem that I would be posting on a subject like joy, but I wanted to do a hopefully, quick, post before I head into the kitchen to clean it up from yesterday's baking (the cinnamon rolls weren't the best...I didn't leave the dough sticky enough and the icing was too thick).

I have noticed over the past few days that I haven't seen many smiles around. In fact, if I were keeping a record of smiles vs. frowns, I'm sure frowns would win over. This is what I've noticed during the Christmas season.


Now, I don't feel joyful all the time and sometimes I'm sure my joy is hid inside and may not show on the outside. I'm praying daily that it will show on the outside. I don't want to be fake about being happy. I want to be genuinely joyful.


From the scriptures I've found that JOY can be found in:


1. Serving--Nehemiah 8:10


2. Salvation--Psalm 51:12


3. Loving--John 15:11


4. Temptations/Trials--James 1:2


5. God's Presence--Psalm 16:11


First, as Mother's we serve more than anything else I believe. This can be cumbersome and tiring, or it can be joyful because of the servitude of our heart (This goes against what you will find in popular magazines with articles like, "How to take time for YOU", etc). Next, we can find joy in loving our husband and our children. We can also find joy in loving other people. It seems in these days we live in (days of selfishness) that it is hard to love people like we have been commanded in the Bible. I'm praying for the love I need to have for my fellow man. I think that is why it's hard for us to witness sometimes--because we don't love others like we should. Anyway... I won't stray off the subject too far. :o) We can even find joy in trials. According to the Bible, the trying of our faith worketh patience--something we mothers can use a heap of! We can be joyful over a bad day. We can glean wisdom from certain situations that arise--learn from experiences--and gain patience. And the last two are my favorites.


We can be joyful in our Salvation. Glory to God! Just think of what was done for the sins of man and rejoice in the God of your salvation. Send up your "Hallelujahs" and "Praise Gods" throughout your day and you will fill joyful right quick.


We can be joyful in God's presence. In His presence is fullness of joy. The ultimate joy. I want to stay in His presence. I remember back in the summer, I remember praying that the Lord's presence would just fill me even while I'm in the laundry room putting in dirty clothes. Whatever we do, we can stay in God's presence.


So...a cure all for the blahs? I believe so. Now, if I could get this message out to the world, namely some gloomy family members I saw lately...:o).....


I know ppl hurt and this message isn't really for them. This message is for all mothers who have children at home and who have had children at home. Mothers who have lost their joy.


Be joyful. Always looking unto that blessed Hope....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good post. I love your blogging. You always challenge me and make me search deeper. Thanks!

MameyJane said...

Can't help but notice those frowns when you're around soooo many family members, can ya? hehe. I can just imagine. You always seem very patient to me. Seriously. Must've had a LOT of trials :0). NO, I think patience runs hand in hand with self-discipline. Keep writing this good stuff.