CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Just a note...

It's hard for me after being at my Savior's feet not to do a huge post about His goodness and how He is so meeting with me in my early prayer, but I really just wanted to drop in and say a huge to my dear readers! If you don't celebrate the actual Christmas holiday then I still hope that you will reflect on the birth of our dear Saviour and that the Lord will bless you on this day.

I will be posting some pictures over the next day or so of our festivities. As for this morning, I have cinnamon rolls to make (my first...I hope they turn out well), a few more presents to wrap (we, too, do the 3 present per child thing, Amy) and a bit of straightening to do. Who can feel the *peace* of Christmas in a unkempt home? :o) Then we'll venture over to the in law's (we'll miss you, Amy, sniff, sniff) and do a bit of Merry Christmassing with them. Lastly, we may go back down to my parents and eat leftovers from yesterday.

I hope you are having a wonderful day. Oh my, it is a busy time. But, here in the quiet of the morning, all the babies asleep, nothing on except a small lamp and my Christmas tree, it is ahhhh...peace and how my heart is so joyful after I've just been at my Redeemer's feet.

The Babe who is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.

The Groom who is getting ready to come back for His Bride.

A Bride who is spotless, without blemish. A direct contrast from this world.

If you don't stand out from this world, are you a part of His Bride?

Just as a Bride prepares for her wedding, sometimes taking months to get everything ready, daily I want to be preparing my heart--searching, seeking, removing any dross--for my Groom. Just as a Groom is breathless when His bride walks down the aisle, I want my Saviour to be pleased with me. We have communed together many, many times through a glass darkly. But when we finally get to meet face-to-face, I want my Saviour to look upon me as a Groom looks upon his bride as she walks down the aisle.

"She's mine."

"Doesn't she look beautiful."

I want to be a part of this Bride.

Merry Christmas!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, to you and family!