CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What Went on Wednesday..




Got up: 6:40am...I slept a little later today because my husband had to go out of town, so he left about 4:30am...needless to say, I *didn't* get up that early..I had ironed for him the night before.


Had my quiet time...read from Acts 19-20...loving Acts...so appreciate the disciples' (esp Paul's) dedication to telling others about Christ, amidst persecution.



Had just enough time to get some wood from the woodpile and go to the mailbox to mail some letters (it was COLD doing all of this) before child #1 woke up (Erin) immediately followed by child #2 (Evan). The rest of the morning prior to Child #3 waking up (Emory) was spent folding and putting away laundry, rebooting laundry, hanging up laundry, etc. I'm still not caught up, but things are better.



Breakfast was: Waffles...they were soo good, but I made half the recipe and *I* ended up with only a tiny waffle. I had forgotten that I'm fixing Evan his own food now on his own plate so that made up an extra waffle. :o) Oh, and a small tip inserted here: If you're like me and don't like *artificial* foods, then you probably stay away from pancake syrups (read: high fructose corn syrup). I've always bought Maple Syrup, but it is soooo expensive. Last time I grocery shopped, I got Pure Cane Syrup instead because it was $2 and some change cheaper. It is really good and not much difference in taste than the maple syrup--maybe just a bit bolder in flavor, not as sweet. Anyway, just thought I'd share that.



After breakfast, the kids made their beds and got dressed. I made a big batch of chili and got a shower while the kids watched a bit of educational cartoons. I made a feeble effort to wash some dishes, but that didn't get far. :o)



Now, here's the good part: I met 2 other friends for a breadmaking bash. We met at our church's fellowship hall, ate chili, and baked 4 loaves of bread. My kids played with their kids (well, one friend has a 7 month old, so he slept mostly) the whole time--in the church gym--so it was so nice to talk and bake our bread. This was sort of a tutorial for them and their bread turned out better than mine! :o) Beginner's luck! :o) J/K. Wish I had pics to share, my batteries had died in my camera. Anyway, it was fun and we had a good time. I talked to one of the gals (my pastor's wife who is becoming a great friend!) and she said that a whole loaf was already eaten by tonight! :o)



The kids had so much fun playing with her kids so they were really tired tonight at church. Emory wrote a love note to the little girl he played with, Maddie. :o) I think he may have a crush! :o) Anyway, my mom took them home with her tonight, so I'm looking forward to another cleaning/organizational project tomorrow! Be sure to come by to see what I'm up to! Have a great night!

2 comments:

MameyJane said...

The bread-making sounds like a blast. Wish I coulda been there. I've been making wheat waffles, too :). They are yummy. John says he always gets a bite of what tastes like salt and flour, but they are always delicious to me. I'm still working on perfecting my recipe. Mine says to separate the whites from the eggs and beat them until stiff, then add them. I've just been throwing them in there whole (ha). Next time we'll see if it makes a difference. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day!