CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday's Topic--Early Mornings

She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens. Proverbs 31:15
Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty; open thine eyes, and thou shalt be satisfied with bread. Proverbs 20:13

I'm really not sure what to title this, but what I want to talk about probably briefly is the need for mothers to get up early for various reasons. First of all, I don't want to sound like I've done this for ages, because I haven't. Several months ago, after feeling frustrated about not getting my quiet time done and always behind on housework, I felt the Lord leading me to get up earlier. I tried it for a week or so and it was wonderful. I would get up around 5 or before even and have my quiet time & tea, etc. Well, old Satan can't stand progress so he slyly caused me to fall back into the old routine of just waking up with the kids, succumbing to the love of slumber.

Well, last week after having several bouts of frustration with not getting things done, including my quiet time, I felt the Lord gently reminding me about getting up early. It was like he was whispering, "5 oclock--you know what you need to do". So, we started it back again. I am so enjoying my quiet time and the Lord has been so near to me this week. I don't get too much done, housework wise, but I do get my prayer and Bible reading done. My husband gets his clothes ironed and....ahem...breakfast! :o) Every morning, the Lord reassures me that I'm doing the right thing--this is the right thing. It is SO worth the sleep missed to sit alone, well, me & God, reading his Word, sipping my coffee, and getting the fire going for my family.

So, are you up to the challenge of getting up early? I feel like this will become a habit for me that I'll follow for the rest of my life. I pray that I don't let Satan subtely lull me back to the routine of sleep. For you know he doesn't barge in on anything, he *lulls* you into something where you don't really see him moving in. He is so sly, isn't he? But, God is so good to be so mindful of us. He shows us a better way.

Well, off to do the chores with the kids, make dinner, do our schoolwork, and have rest time. The afternoon will be so full.

Hope you are having a terrific Tuesday. We are enjoying our fireplace today and having children's Christmas music playing from WebRadio. I have bread making in my breadmaker (an early Christmas present from my in-laws) and the childrens' laundry in the washing machine. Currently, Evan is taking everything out of my wallet, so I'd better attend to that. :o)

1 comments:

MameyJane said...

Thanks for this blog. The Lord has been dealing with me about this, too. I did it today (yea), we'll see how it goes for the rest of the week. :)