CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Monday's My Day




Wondering about my day?




We didn't get up until 8ish and it was very cold inside, which made us want to stay in bed. I got up, donned my slippers and built a fire. We have some very good lighter so it didn't take long to get the fire blazing. I wandered around getting nothing done until 9 or so and was feeling so frustrated about not getting anything done. So, I put my clothes on, shoes, fixed my hair and made a list. Those things always help me get going! I made a list of all the things I wanted to get done and separated them into hour blocks. Dishes, washing/hanging out clothes, making tea was in the first hour while the kids played. Second hour was chores for the kids, getting dressed for the kids, and our devotion/story time. Third hour was going to the store, lunch, and making a cake for my Father-in-law. Fourth hour was schoolwork, blogging, and cleaning off the front porch. The only one I got to was schoolwork. :o)


After the kids were up I made the cake (see the picture), which is a carrot cake and turned out scrumptious!! I also made supper (pork chops, corn, string beans, and biscuits) which didn't turn out too good because I was busy with the cake and also rushing because I had a piano lesson at 6:15. After my piano lesson, we went up to my in laws and celebrated my FIL's 58th birthday. We had a good time and didn't leave until almost 10.


Erin found a really cold lizard today that let her keep it. We even found it this morning too and warmed it by the fire. Erin, the nature, animal lover! :o)



That was my day.....Busy as EVER, but rewarding.

1 comments:

MameyJane said...

Oh, that cake! I heard how delicious it was. Make another one at Christmas? :)