CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday's What's Going On?

Another Wednesday...time to post about what's going on at our house!

Let's see...

FALL is coming!!! It was really, really cool yesterday morning and this morning. I love it and say, Bring it on!

My wonderful husband has been working on the ongoing bathroom remodeling this week. I'm really not in a hurry to get it finished, there is no reason to be stressed over it--we have an extra bathroom.

My husband picked up a stray puppy (that's a way to get into my heart..:o) last week and we thought he was a woe be gone mutt. I took him to the vet last Friday to have him checked out, etc., and it turns out that he is a Catahoula Cur breed. He is a sweet, playful pup. His name is Tender Foot. :o) So, now with 3 cats and a dog, whew, it's getting crowded in the animal dept. :o)

My husband and I and our two great friends (husband and wife) sing together and have had several invitations to sing at different churches. We so enjoy singing together. We have a singing this coming Sunday.

I have another piano student which makes for a total of 4. I said I wouldn't take over 5. I really enjoy it and it's a good way to make a little extra money. God is so good. Dear hubby has picked up a guitar student too.

I joined a Sewing Club that will meet a couple times a month. I cut out my first pattern today. Isn't that crazy? My mother, the excellent seamstress and her daughter, who can barely sew on a button. :o) I have a cloth diaper pattern that I'm taking next week. I can't WAIT to make my own cloth diapers. Maybe then I'll actually use them. ;o) Anyway, it's a good time to get out and just enjoy sewing! :o)

Evan is officially walking now. He doesn't even crawl anymore. He is tee-teeing in his potty an avg of twice per day.

Well, I guess that's the bulk of what's been going on. Hope you'll drop me a line to let me know what's been going on in your house!

2 comments:

Pint-Size Princess said...

That all sound great!! I don't do a lot of sewing, but I love it when I do! I always feel this great sense of accomplishment! I made my first cloth diaper a few weeks ago. I've made covers before (which reminds me, I need to make some more newborn ones) but never a diaper. I actually prefer prefolds, and I found a site that has directions on how to make them from tshirts, so when we cleaned out DH's closet a couple months ago I kept all the 100% cotton shirts. I love the one I made and have another one all ready to sew. I just haven't sat down to do it yet, lol. I also have material for a new apron, but haven't gotten around to that yet. OH, and this beautiful fabric I'm goign to use to make a new Meitia, hopefully before the baby is born. And recently I turned 3 pairs of maternity jeans that I had been given into skirts. Which is good b/c I have hardly any maternity skirts left that aren't falling apart, so I was in need of new ones. I used two of the skirts that were falling apart for hte fabric that extra fabric to make the skirts. I love how they turned out! I recently found a foreign magazine that goes out quartly that is full of children's clothing patterns that actually look store bought and when you do the math, the patterns are actually way cheap. I would love to sew almost all my kids' clothing. Especially the girls. It's so hard to find modest girl clothing these days. It hasn't been too hard so far to find clothes for Genesis b/c she's still so young, but as she gets older it's goign to matter how long those skirts are!

MameyJane said...

You go, girl! Think of me when you are sewing. I'd love to come to one of your singings and drink it all in--the sound of "home". Sniff, I'm gonna cry just thinking about it! Ya'll are the best in my book.