CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday's Tip

Just a small tip before I head to bed....

If you don't have a timer, get you one! You can use your cell phone or stove timer as well. Set your timer for everything! Pick your least favorite chore and set your timer to complete the task in increments. For example, I really don't like washing dishes. So, I will set the timer for 15 minutes and wash. When the timer goes off, I will go get on the computer or do something else for 10 or 15 minutes. I then will go back to the dishes, etc. until the job is finished. You must obey the timer, tho! :o)

If the house has just gotten a little unkempt, set the timer for 10 minutes...you will be amazed at what you can pick up and straighten in 10 minutes time. Sometimes I will even set the timer to read the Bible.

It is a handy tool. You can get one at the dollar store!

1 comments:

MameyJane said...

I use my the kitchen timer on my microwave for various things, too. Recently, it's been put to use for potty training Grace. I set it for 30 minutes and take her, then reset it. The beep reminds me I need to take her--else I get busy and forget, which gets us a puddle in the floor ;).