CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Simple Saturday


Well my mom had my children today (she gets the itch to keep them every 2 weeks or so) and I had many, many things I wanted to get done. I relaxed a little bit here and there, but basically, I was full fledge all day long. I cleared off some of the clutter from the front porch, swept behind chairs and benches, bleached the swing and the wood around the screened in porch, washed and dried my living room/dining room curtains, swept and mopped, wiped out my window sills, but my biggest project today was the shelf in the picture above. For several months now (could it have been a yr?), it has been husband's drop-off place. Now, I really didn't mind because a man's gotta have a place for his stuff and we just haven't designated a place. So picture knives, guitar picks, receipts (oh, tons of receipts), change (lots of coins), and etc. etc., in front of this beautiful crystal. That's the before picture. Check out the finished product! Now if I can keep it that way. Please share with me where you hubby keeps his stuff.....I'm thinking about a cabinet all to himself. :o)


I enjoyed my Saturday! It was just a simple Saturday.


Have a nice Lord's Day tomorrow.

3 comments:

Sondra! said...

We were just like that in our Mobile house. When we FINALLY bought our bedroom furniture, the dresser had these 'hidden' drawers. One on each side and it is WONDERFUL. He can put the knives, picks, change, receipts, shells, etc and I don't have to see them. (Guys must all have the same stuff in their pockets)

Pint-Size Princess said...

Beautiful!

DH puts his wherever, which is usually the top of the dresser. I put a little bowl up there for him to put it in, but he never gets anything in it. So I go by afterwards and take care of it all.

MameyJane said...

Whew! John's stuff is everywhere, too! His biggest 'dropoff' place is the kitchen counter/bar. It becomes cluttered the minute he gets home! I'm impressed by the cleaning you got accomplished, too.