CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Random...

Today is the Lord's Day and I am trying to keep it low key--resting a bit. The kids are napping/resting, the Tropical Storm came through and left us with a cool snap, wet conditions, and breezy. It feels wonderful.
Some things I will be doing today is reading in God's word, working on our menu for next week, and making some brownies for our after church meal. We are hosting a new pastoral candidate this week, so we will be eating at the fellowship hall tonight after church.
I don't know if you are like this, but I like to have a new focus for each week. This week I'm going to focus on continue getting up before my kids do, making sure I have a good prayer session every day, keeping the house straightened, having good, meaningful devotions and good homeschooling with the kids, and tackling clutter!! That is what I really want to do. I have a good spot where I going to put all the clutter or things that have no place and then I'm going to sort through it all. :o)
Well just some randomness, but I wanted to have a new blog up!
Oh, I went to see my new neice and family this weekend (for a very brief visit) and she is beautiful and SO tiny! We had a nice time.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I am glad you and yours have had a nice Sunday together.
I love Sunday's. It seems life is calmer, a little slower. :-)
I didn't get anything I wanted to accomplished today and I am okay with that.
There is a reason why God instituted a day of rest.

Good luck with your goals this week! I know you will be able to reach them!
If you mess up, don't fret, just dust yourself off and keep on going on. :-)

May you have a safe and happy week!

~ Dawn

Pint-Size Princess said...

That looks like more than one focus for the week to me, lol. My focus of the week is probably almost always "get the house clean, school the kids, be more patient..." lol The list goes on and on. Hope you have a good week!s

Crystal said...

This is going to be our 2nd week of school, so that's what I'm focused on right now. As well as resuing my house from this weekend. LOL! We must be pretty close to each other since Fay blew through our way also. I am so enjoying the breezy conditions. It makes me want to sit in my rocker on the porch and read all day. But my domestic duties are calling. I hope you have a wonderful week!