CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Me, Lord?

My mom has the kids today--she wants to keep them once every 2 weeks or so--so you'd think I'd be busy getting lots of things done. But, I felt like starting my day off with Bible reading and Prayer. First of all, let me say that I do not claim to be Ms. Spiritual or anything of the sort, but I have been drawing closer to the Lord and have felt such an urgency to be exactly what God would have me be. He has been really meeting with me in prayer and I feel myself drawing closer to God.
So, I start with my Bible reading (Jeremiah 5-8) while jumping on the trampoline (think, physical and spiritual exercise coupled in one..lol). Then I go to my prayer room, which is our future homeschool room at the back of the house. God met with me there and we communed together. It was wonderful. I have been praying that God would make me a bold witness for Him. In my prayer today, I had a thankfulness and a longing for Heaven. I also had a strong feeling that the Lord is coming soon because of the fulfilling of the 'last days' prophecies. After my prayer, I just sat quietly 'listening' for the Lord and He impressed upon me to go see my neighbor. I don't want to say too much because I don't know who reads my blog, but they are nice, sensible people. But, all indications show that they are lost. In fact, the husband has admitted to me more than once that he knows he needs to get right with God. We pray for them all the time. But, today, I needed to go see her (the wife) and God told me what to say. Boy, do you know how hard that is? I don't even like to go to someone's house for a planned visit if I don't know them very well, much less an unplanned visit to someone I've only talked to in passing? Well, I thought about it for an hour or so (my dear husband came to visit me and bless his heart, I was so preoccupied in my fears) and finally it was like God said, "Go" and I went. I opened my Bible before I went and oh my, the verse I read was this," He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me, He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward. And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward." Matthew 10: 40-42. Wow, I mean that was for me!
I admit, I prayed that she would be outside so it would be easier, but I really felt like I would have to go up to the door and knock. I walked by the trailer one time and walked all the way to the end of the road and finally on the way back I went up to the door and knocked. She came right away. I asked if the dogs bit (they have several hunting dogs who barked ferociously at me) and she said "No" to "come on in". Well, I got to the point and said that I didn't want her to think I was a freak or anything but I had been down praying and the Lord had impressed upon me to come and tell her that she and her family were in His thoughts and He loved them. I told her I didn't know where they were at spiritual speaking, but to know that I just didn't go to ppls doors and tell them about God, that God had impressed upon me to do so. She said a few things but I didn't really hear her, kwim? She was glad I had come and said that we all go thru rough times, etc. She appreciated me coming and then we just started talking and talked for about 30 minutes or so. We had a good time and she is a lot of fun. I planted the seed and now God can water it, you know? I've been praying that God would help me to just exude joy from my life that others can see Christ in me by being around me or talking to me. Oh, this is my prayer!
Anyway, I'm not pinning roses on myself in any way--this was very hard for me to do and I wanted to share about it on my blog. Get close to the Lord and he will use you. You will be glad that He did. Even though I was really nervous, I was so glad that the Lord would speak to me to tell someone that He loves them! The world is dying and going to hell and if I'm a super-spiritual Christian and I never tell anyone about Christ, what have I done?? The super-spiritual don't mean a thing if I never shine as a light for Christ. God is so good to me and I want to be willing to do what he has for me to do.
Later on, I'll post a couple of yummy recipes you'll want to try! Stay tuned....

1 comments:

Pint-Size Princess said...

THat is so wonderful! I love it when put ourselves out there and go against our natural grain to do what God asks. It feels great, doesn't it? To be used by Him?

On a side note, I've got a site you might like. http://www.crunchy-cooperative.com/index.php That's where I got in on the reusable bag co-op. They also regularly have diaper co-ops and other great things. If we had more money, I'd do a lot more co-ops, but living paycheck to paycheck I usually just don't have it. But I thought you might like it :) I still check it all the time, just in case they have something I just *have* to have.