CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Night Owl


My middle child, Erin, is about to be renamed, "Night Owl". For the past 3 nights or so, she has been awake when we went to sleep and has gotten up to play or to come in our room sometime during the night. This morning before the alarm went off, we heard something in the living room. It was her--leaving out of the living room and going into her room!

She gets up usually from 8-9 and naps for 1.5 to 2 hours a day. She doesn't go to sleep until after 10 every night. In fact, I don't know what time she has gone to bed for the past 3 nights.

She is really scared of the dark. They don't watch anything scary nor do we talk about scary things. She is just scared of the dark. We leave lights on, but then she can see to play. We discipline her if she gets up without an emergency, which she will sometimes 'make up' one.

Well, this is our new dilemma with her. If you've been thru similar, feel free to share advice. BTW, she NEEDs her nap because she gets really whiney and ill. I have awakened her after 1 or 1 & 1/2 hrs. every day this week so she doesn't get too much sleep at nap time.

Enjoy your Wednesday!


Today's chores:

Husband's laundry

Put up childrens' laundry

Sweep and Mop Living and Dining rooms

Change Trash

Sweep off Porch

And if my mom keeps my kids for awhile, I will finish mowing the grass

Decluttering the extra bedroom (Project)


Homeschooling:

10 minute Bible Study with kids (I take a scripture or two and we discuss it)

Read Aloud (currently reading "Pinocchio")

Emory--writing worksheet (letter 'X'), practicing subtraction, copywork, & Reading Lesson

Erin--recognizing numbers 1-5, practicing writing the letter 'E'


Menu for today:

Breakfast: Pancakes w/Maple Syrup

Lunch: Tuna Sandwiches

Supper: Chicken Salad Sandwiches (church night--quick supper)


Well, I better get busy before the little ones awake! Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you wkae her up earlier in the morning? Don't know wehter it would help or not but just a sugestion. excus e typos - nak

Pint-Size Princess said...

If it were me, I'd try not giving her a nap. I knwo you said she "needs" her nap, but how long have you let her go without one? It may take a few weeks for her body to get into the new routine.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out what to do with my 3yo who keeps falling asleep on hte couch an hour and a half before bedtime then gets up super early. I'm able to get him back to going to bed on time and waking up on time, but it only lasts for a few weeks before he's falling asleep on the couch again. And now I keep waking up in the morning with him sleeping in our bed! Luckily he's on DH's side, but come-on, between the toddler who still joins us and my growing belly, we're running out of space!