CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

A Deeper Experience..


Recently, I've been feeling compelled to deepen my relationship with my Savior. I've also felt compelled to get more in tune with the Holy Spirit that dwells within me. I think all this is due partly because I'm staying home and I feel such an urgency to see that my children make it to heaven and are all God wants them to be. Also, I actually have time now to further my relationship with God. I feel like when one has more time, more is required if you kwim. For example, a single woman with no children and a husband to attend to is required to give more service to God that say a woman with four small children and a husband. God will bless both the same if they both put in what is required of their time. The second reason for my urgency, is I feel like God has something great for my husband and I to do. He already blesses us to sing and minister in song, but I feel he has something greater in the ministry department. My husband feels the same. When he calls, I want to be ready, spiritually. I also don't want to be a hindrance to His will being done. The third reason for my urgency, is that I so desperately want to see a move of God among our church and the families of our age-group. I desire an outpouring that will result in an endless supply of souls being saved, people being filled with the Spirit, lives being sanctified and dedicated, people being healed, and prophesies being prophesied--just whatever the Lord would do! Lastly, I know, more than ever, that the Lord is coming very, very soon. I feel like it's just around the corner. The Bible is being fulfilled more and more every year. America is turning further and further away from God. I wonder if Soddom and Gomorrha was as bad as America is today. It must grieve God's heart so much to see this beautiful world he made being corrupted by the blackness of sin.

I have been feeling just a deep urgency to pray at different times in the day. The other night, I felt like praying before I went to bed and it was already midnight! I got down, not really feeling anything, and when I got up it was 2am. God met with me in a way that I could never explain. I told my husband the next day that it was addicting! I'm ready for the next experience like that! :)

I was raised in a Spirit-filled, Spirit-led church by Spirit-filled and Godly parents (the best!), but I want a deeper experience for myself. I want to have such a Glow about me that people will know that I've been in the Spirit and that I'm walking in the Spirit. I've been praying that God will just dig so deep into my heart and carve out anything that is in there that should not be there, whether it's pride, deceit, or maybe ungodly desires. I want to be so filled up with God that maybe I'm doing laundry and I just feel God so strong that I have to just fall on my face before God, right there in my laundry room, and cry out to Him. He is so Holy and so worthy.

I believe we are missing out on what God really, really has for us. He has greater heights and deeper depths for His children. If we will seek Him, we will find Him. I'm tired of just being a mediocre Christian. I want to be 'on fire' for God. I want my children to remember their mother as being a woman who knew how to pray.

We have Campmeeting at our church this week and oh, I'm so excited about what God's going to do in my life and the lives of those dear to me. We will hear some wonderful, anointed preaching that will be straight from God's Holy, unadulterated word.

I do believe that God has so much more for us. I want all that he can give me. I want to be like this: "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, oh God". Praise the Lord--I want that to be me.

I challenge you to seek the Lord until you find Him. Stay on your knees until you get that "Holy Ghost" experience. It is wonderful. You'll go back for more and more. God is real. Well, I feel another prayer meeting coming on. LOL

Thanks for letting me testify!

0 comments: