CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

How I survive and stay sane...

working, being a wife, and a mother to three kids.....

Since I have only 16 days to SAHMhood, I thought I would put up a post to explain how I've survived and stayed sane for the past 5 years of working. Of course, it was a LOT easier with one child, but now I have 3, so it is VERY difficult.

I've survived and stayed sane by:

1. Allowing myself to not feel guilty if my house isn't spotless (this took a LOT of time..in fact, I'm just getting good at this)

2. Keeping the house semi-straightened by spending about 5-10 minutes per room in the 'living' part of our house every day.

3. Divide my laundry into days. Monday is non clothing items, Tuesday is Towel/Washcloth day, etc.

4. My mom comes once a week and helps me clean some.

5. Sitting down and relaxing before bed

6. Having a one-on-one with each child every day (even if it's just a hug and a kiss).

7. The weekends!! I play catch-up on the weekends.

Basically, the MAIN reason I've stayed sane over these 5 years is:

1. God (I can't say enough about His goodness to me)
2. I have a great MOM who takes WONDERFUL care of my kids.
3. I have a GREAT Husband who is very considerate and is not demanding that everything be perfect.
4. I have GREAT, well-behaved kids who don't stress me out. I can't imagine coming home from teaching kids to my undisciplined kids. UGH!

And probably the main reason is:

I am a totally calm person who worries about virtually nothing. I thank the Lord for this. I credit my personality for the main reason I'm haven't had a nervous breakdown. I love my life and my Lord. Life has been and will continue to be blessed. I so look forward to my SAHM status!! I'm so thankful that God has allowed me to have the wonderful opportunity to SAH with my precious children.

1 comments:

Pint-Size Princess said...

16 days!! Woohoo!!