CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 01, 2008

My Day Home

My parents are visiting my brother and his family, so that leaves me without a babysitter. I have taken 2 days off to be with my children. Today was great. I LOVE being home.

First off, we slept a little late--it was actually almost 9am before we got out of bed! It was awesome to sleep late. I usually don't get a chance to do this even when I am at home all day!

Spent a few minutes with the kiddos in bed, got up and made my bed, got dressed, got Evan dressed and changed. Hung out towels and washcloths on the line, and got the kiddos laundry in the washer. It was a GREAT day outside for hanging out clothes. I LUV my clothesline. The sun and breeze were just right for hanging out clothes. I remember thinking as I was hanging out clothes, "I wouldn't trade my clothesline for FIFTY dryers". LOL Anyway, got all today's laundry done (NOT put up..can never get that done with the napping, etc).

Got the kids room cleaned (with their help) and then I made breakfast (egg burritos). We had our Bible story right after breakfast--out on the porch in the swing. Evan napped and I started on the dishes. I had a HUGE mountain of dishes from the past 2 nights of not washing after supper. (It is so easy to put off for time spent with my family) Emory hit Erin with a chain or something and put a knot on her head, so I brought them inside to keep them close by me. Erin 'helped' with the dishes, Emory played with his dominoes on the front porch. I think I got one 'load' of dishes done before Evan woke up. I let him cry a few minutes because he hadn't been asleep but for no longer than 30 minutes. Mommy instinct told me he probably had a poopy diaper and I was right. I changed him and then we went back out on the porch where I rocked him for a few minutes while watching the others play. I laid him back down to sleep and then started back on my dishes. After awhile, the kids wanted me to come swing them, so I decided to forget the dishes and spend some time with them. So, I swung (is that right?) them for about 25 minutes or so and hung out with them for a bit (until Evan woke BACK up--hey, it's just too much fun having mom home). Then, it was the kids' naptimes, so we prepped up for naps. They had to straighten up any messes they had made. Erin went to sleep, but Emory just had quiet time. Some days he goes to sleep and other days he just has quiet time. Anyway, I got her up after 4 and they went to stay at their Gran-gran's until church time. I finally got my dishes done when Evan went back to sleep and my floors swept. That was about it for the cleaning chores: laundry, dishes, sweeping. But we got in LOTS of laughs and fun today. I love my kids!! They were so good today. My husband came in and we got to have a good time talking over a good supper (Kielbasa sausage & rice, mac & cheese, and speckled beans) without interruptions (well other than Evan). :o) We went to church, which was SO good. God is so good to me and my family. We feel such an urgency to get closer to him and make SURE our children are saturated in the Word and the things of God.

Well, it is almost 1am and I'm so glad I'm off again tomorrow. :o) Maybe I'll get to sleep late again?

0 comments: