CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Verdict is In

Mommy instinct kicked in this morning and I knew my baby was really sick. So at the last moment, I decided to take him to his first ever dr. appt. He had a 102.6 temp when I got him there and snotting everywhere. The verdict? Left- ear infection and flu! My poor baby. There isn't anything they can do for the flu since it has passed the 48 hr. window, but keep fluids in him and his fever down. I really think he has had a headache with this flu because he has grabbed at his head several times. He did while crying the other morning. I'll bet his ear is/has been hurting also. The dr. gave him a prescription for antibiotics and an antihistamine, but Dr. Mom is going to treat him first. Since I now know he has an ear infection, I will treat it with Dr. Wally's Ear Oil. It has garlic in it which is a natural antibiotic. I will try to lighten up on my dairy products which thicken and produce mucus. Sure wish I could have enough milk so he wouldn't have to drink milk-based formula. Well, I pray the worst is over for my sweet baby! BTW he was 19 pounds! Way to grow! I'm almost positive that Emory was heavier at this point.

Okay, I got in a mile yesterday before the kids got tired of our rinky dink park. I was so proud of that mile! I may just do trampoline today since it is church night, which I don't guess I'll be getting Evan out again.

So far today I've had 2 pcs Valentines chocolate (bad), a baked potato and green beans, a pack of candy coated peanuts. I only have half of my water in, so I've got to drink, drink, drink this afternoon. Gotta take my vits when I get home. Gotta take my echinacea too.

This afternoon, I will, make beds, sweep floor, clean 5 mins in kids' room, 15 mins in project room, and wash any dishes. I don't know what supper plans are. Mother-in-law??? :o) I have got to get groceries tomorrow night or Friday night. I have nothing for a nice, healthy meal! Last night was bacon sandwiches. I don't like having those kind of meals, but dear husband was away, so it was fine.

Lots of Health to all!

0 comments: