CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 22, 2008

Ready to have my baby back!

My gracious, I still have a sick baby. I feel like we have Motrined and Tylenoled him to death as he has had fever since Sunday. Surely, he's bound to get better soon?! He still has fever, lots of snots, and he is very fussy at times. Either his ear is hurting or his head, or he could just be aching all over. During times like these, I think of that verse that says that in the times of persecution, ppl will be saved only because the days will be shortened. Thank goodness, time flies by, even while we are sick. I don't know if we could bear it if it didn't. This morning, Evan sat in his walker while I finally washed my nasty, greased-up head and he played for a little while. He has these huge black circles under his eyes, though. He has really been sick.

Last night Mom took the older children so I would'nt have to handle them plus a sick baby. My dear husband is away at a Prophecy Conference, so I don't have his help. He would've stayed if I had asked him, but he's been wanting to go to this for at least 2 years. I'm so glad he got to go and I hope he has a wonderful time! Anyway, baby went to sleep about 6 and slep until 10 so I got in some good reading time. I did a little housework, but my mom had been there already to clean. It was awesome. I got a new book from Amazon yesterday called, Family-Driven Faith and it is wonderful!! I can't sing its praises enough. One of those books you want to shout "Amen" while reading. It talks about how parents have idols for their children (sports, good grades, college, etc) and never emphasize God as much. 80% of college students are walking away from their faith. Isn't that astounding! Of course the books talks about marriage and even about homeschooling. I can't wait to read that part! The book is by Voddie Baucham, Jr.

Well, hello weekend. The weekends aren't as appealing without my dear better half, but I'm going to try to enjoy my children this weekend. Hope Evan gets better this weekend. Still praying the others will escape the flu this time! :)

0 comments: