CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I Survived to tell it all

Thursday night, I really saw a change in my symptoms. I started getting my strength back and I even got the kids to bed without passing out. I went back to work Friday, but I wasn't jumping up and down in my teacher's chair, that's for sure. I coughed all weekend and it's into the week and I'm still coughing. This time, pretty productive.

Dear Husband has been sick with something. I don't think he has the full-blown flu because he's still doing things (he's not that much of a he-man..lol), but he's definitely got some sort of interesting bug.

Poor Evan. He's been hit hard with something. I can't neccessarily ask him his symptoms and get a reply, but he did have fever all day Sunday and some Monday. I pray he's better today. I don't like seeing my little one so sick. He cried for about an hour yesterday morning.

So far, my oldest two have been fine. Not even a sniffle. Please, please let it continue. I'm so ready to be over it all. I hope the flu never visits me again. I can't complain too badly. Once in twelve years isn't too badly.

I hope to implement some sort of winter combat next year at least. I will have to work on my plan. I hope to start washing my hands more thorough and frequently. I will continue taking my SuperMom tablets, Juice Plus morning and afternoon, and maybe start adding some regular teas to my diet: Elderberry and Echinacea. I have some Echinacea capsules on my desk I can take regularly. For the kids, more hand-washing. Before meals and after bathroom. I don't do this with Erin because I take her to the bathroom, but I can still wash her hands as preventative and mine also.

On the diet front, I want to be more aware of what I put in my mouth. Did you know that ONE soda and ONE candy bar will suppress your immune system for up to 6 hours?? So, yep, everything you come in contact with during that 6 hour period, you will catch. I'm not a soda kind of gal (drink one per 3 or 4 wks probably), but I do love me some chocolate. I think if I'm more concious of what I eat, then I will make better choices.

Exercise. That is something I'm just not doing at all. I really don't mind it if I will take the time to do it. I can take the kids to the park and let them play while I walk. I can just walk until they get tired. Anything is better than nothing. If I don't get to the park, go to the church gym. They can find something to play with there.

So, for this week, here's what I'll do:

1. Bring Oatmeal for breakfast (as oppose to heavy breakfast foods served at cafeteria)
2. Make the best decision with the Lunch menu.
3. Take ALL my vitamins and supplements.
4. Drink tea at least once daily.
5. Some form of exercise once daily.
6. Make the best food choices in my snacking.
7. Get plenty of water in.

I'll let you know how I do. I'm going to try. try. try.

I also meant to post that we were out of water from Thursday until Monday. A pipe, about 24 feet into the ground, rusted and broke and we had no water. Yesterday we got hooked up to the city water and I love it! Lots of pressure. I washed 5 'loads' of dishes last night and I was more than happy to do it! Thank you God for water!

This evening's chores: Walk (going to do this first thing so I will get it done), makes beds, wash husband's and my clothes, supper plans (nothing heavy--hubby out of town), spend 15 minutes in my project zone (guest bedroom), kid's baths, story (still reading "Farmer Boy"), bed, tidy house, bath, read Bible and other book, spend time with husband, and bed!

Sure helps to lay it all out, eh? :)

1 comments:

MameyJane said...

You make me tired just reading about all your chores :). But I can't wait to get back to my "own" life--own house, own schedule, own way of feeding and snacking my kids, own vehicle, and my one own sweet husband :).