CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Snowpendous Saturday!


We awoke to a white morning today! What a beautiful surprise. I'm glad I saw it first because I was able to lead the kids to the window, cover their eyes and say, 'surprise'! It was so fun. We got out in it after a breakfast of Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes (very healthy and nourishing, I must say). Evan and Erin are a little under the weather, so we didn't stay out in it too long. Husband and Emory built a snowman, made snow angels, and threw snowballs. A very nice change from the blah winter scenery we are used to. Now, at 4:30pm, the snow has melted a bit, but there still is some left to play in. Darest I wish for more snow for tomorrow? ;)


I have been a blog-a-holic lately, checking out blogs from other conservative, homemaking, women like I attain to be. It has been fun to take a peek into the lives of other women who are fulfilling the desires that I have. My favorite blog site so far is www.myblessedhome.blogspot.com. She is very organized, very Godly, and has a wonderful Homeschooling schedule to go by. I have downloaded a couple of her downloadables, which make for interesting reads.


Speaking of homemaking, I'm working on my first ever bread starter to make the bread from the above site. Let you know how it turns out. It takes a week for it to be ready to bake, so today while my starter is, uh, startering, I'm going to make some bread from yeast.


That's all for now. Leave you with some pictures from the snow.

2 comments:

MameyJane said...

I was so hoping you would blog about the snow, and I wasn't disappointed :).

Brandy said...

I so wish that we would have had snow for Brodie to play in. So how is the bread going so far? I so wish that I had the time to do everything that I wanted. My house still remains clutter. But I have slowly been working on that.