CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Womanhood Revisited

I wish I had a computer in my brain that could copy down things I want to blog. By the time I get a chance to actually blog, I can't remember what it was going to be about!

Yesterday, I had a migraine. Don't have but about two a year and it's usually when something crazy is going on w/ my hormones. Sure enough, Aunt Flo knocked last night, and sadly, I had to answer! Womanhood has returned! Just a few weeks ago, I finished the post-partum deal. It doesn't seem like I've had a break, but it has been one year since I had a period. This time last year, had a tiny little life growing in me. Look at him now! Mr. Evan--18 pounds, cooing and teething! He is sooo sweet, there aren't any words to describe a new baby. I'm sorry, but I think people are crazy for not wanting any children!!

Speaking of Evan, he had had some bouts of screaming during the early mornings about 3 mornings in a row. I'm not sure what it was, but I know it wasn't teething. I mean, about 45 minutes to an hour of screaming. I was helpless, but prayed. Actually, husband did all the praying because I was trying to console! I figured it out it might be the milk my mom was giving him for the extra feeding that I don't have enough breastmilk for. She has been using goat milk (straight from the, er, goat), but the goats haven't been producing, so she's been giving him goat milk from the carton. Pasteurized, Homogenized. So, I'm thinking, the enzymes have been killed via pasteurization which in turn, causes baby to not digest milk as well. Yesterday, we just did formula for the extra feeding and had a great night! Bye, bye goat milk from the carton. Hello, sleep. Sort of. He is still getting up during the night and so is Erin! I was up at 4:30, got the smiling young-one back to sleep at 6 or so and I just decided to stay up. Yawn.

After tomorrow, I have 10 days with my family! I can't wait!! I want to savor every. single. minute. Make lots of memories with my babies. I just love this time of year!

God is good. I don't thank Him enough. Do any of us? How can we ever repay what He's done for us?

1 comments:

MameyJane said...

Hey, Girl. Are you tired of looking at my comments? It's great you get to stay home and spend some time with your family. I really don't know how you work and keep a family of five running. It takes a great partner, doesn't it? I've been thinking about doing the 5th year Master's Program in Education and getting my teacher's certificate. What do you think?