CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 19, 2007

A Good Day

Today marked the first day of Thanksgiving Holidays. It was truly a day in which to be thankful. I got up and had a bowl of cereal with my husband before he left for work. It was nice to have that together time without the kid's interrupting. Of course, he had barely made it out the door before the kids were up and ready to start their day.

I set out to declutter my room a bit. It will have to be a work in progress because I can only work in there when Evan is awake. I made a slight dent in the pile of clothes. My maternity clothes are still in the containers sitting there on the floor. I need to move them out of the room before they are some kind of omen or something!

Ran some errands in town. Got my Mothering magazine in the mail so I got to browse thru that while the milk man took over. It is always refreshing to read about other natural mamas. There was an article in there about Breastfeeding 911--talking about Breastfeeding during emergencies. It gave 3 stories of how infants would've died in emergency situations (situations where there was no water to mix formula) if the mother had not breastfed. Something to think about! I absolutely love nursing Evan. In the first few weeks, it seems merely a service to the infant. Now, it is a pleasure. He will unlatch to smile up at me or coo at me (his way of saying, 'thanks, mom') and it melts my heart. Anyway, the kids played outside for awhile. I listened to their childish play and their pretend talk. It is awesome being a mom! Erin says, "Em" and it takes about 4 syllables for her to get it out. She's so country!

The kids took a long nap today (3 hours) and I got to straighten up and wash clothes (never ending cycle!). I cooked a good meal: fried chicken strips, string beans, and garlic/cheddar/mashed potatoes. It was yummy.

The husband has taken the kids to the gym to 'walk'. I'm getting some down time while Evan, I believe, is down for the night. I miss him already!! I like to have the nightly cuddles with him before bed. I was busy cooking tonight. :(

Well, this is about as random as you get! I'm just glad to be blogging with no interruptions! haha

Can you tell I'm enjoying my week?

1 comments:

MameyJane said...

That is so funny about Em opting to sleep rather than squirrel hunt!! Maybe next year? Be sure and post some pictures of your Christmas tree--I just love Christmas trees. The lemon bars looks yummmmmy. Maybe you can make some for Christmas day.

~Amy