CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 05, 2007

Weekend Uninterrupted!

This weekend was perfect to me. It has been a looong time since I've had a perfect one--probably since before Evan was born. A perfect weekend to me means my house is straightened all throughout, the clothes are washed and put away (or are being done so), my kids are well behaved, my husband is home, the weather is beautiful, I have food to cook, and we are having a great time as a family. All the above occurred. For some reason, I got my house straightened without being interrupted, I washed clothes and got to put them away as they dried, Evan is entertaining himself some now, so he played contently while I worked. Of course, I played with him after feedings. Erin and Emory played outside most of the day and were good (besides the time Emory chased Erin with a BB gun and Erin came inside yelling, "Mama, Emory's trying to kill me"). I cooked a fabulous supper; roast and gravy, macaroni and cheese (which, btw, my husband, who is a world famous mac and cheese scrutinizer, said it was the best he had ever eaten), green beans, rice, and biscuits. The weather was absolutely gorgeous! My husband worked and finished his wood shed. Evan and I put some wood in it for him while he watched the Alabama-LSU game. Evan in his carrier attached to me, of course. The kids went to bed fairly early and the day was done. We never once left the house and it was fantastic.

How was your weekend?

1 comments:

MameyJane said...

Wow....you'd better print this out and engrave it in gold, those days don't happen very often :).