CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Day in our Country home (lame title, I know)


If I didn't have dial-up, I would title this blog, "A Day in Pictures" and post pictures of what we did today. First off, Daddy got Emory up at 6am to go squirrel hunting, which turns out, Emory is a 'chip off the old shoulder' because he crawled into bed with me soon after. Alas, Dad went solo. The picture (if I do download it) is not of Emory's first squirrel, but of dad's squirrel while Emory-lay-in-the-bed. My day started out before six, but such is common for me. Ah, what is sleep? It is but a vapor that appeareth for a little while and then vanishes with the cries of the nursling babe. I'm enjoying my little sleep robber, such as he is.

We have been piddling about the house: getting the fireplace ready for the huge, harsh winters that we have (ha), making up beds, fixing lunch (pizza and chips...oh, but they were both natural and organic *inserts your rolled eyes here* lol), afterwards made lemon squares (see picture, that might download by tomorrow). Then I raked up a few piles whilst sorting the pecans I raked up. Meanwhile, the husbando was picking up hickory nuts (see picture). If anyone knows of anything to be done with these wonderful nuts, please leave me a comment! The kids have been playing (Erin tending to her 'bejtable garden') and Evan is getting his longest nap of the week.

I've got a few things accomplished this week, none to speak of, but the week isn't over. I do want to do some sort of craft with my kiddos. Leaf rubbings or something. I did see a great idea in my kidscraftweekly newletter (www.kidscraftweekly.com) about doing an advent calendar with matchboxes. This would be something you could do together, every day, during the month of December. I'm going to do this--it sounds awesome.

Of course, tomorrow is Thanksgiving (Happy Thanksgiving, ya'll) and I will celebrate with my wonderful Grandmother and Papa and all the Sullivan family. Twill be a glorious time. I don't think I will bake nary thing! My granny has it pretty much covered (and the aunts) so I'm going to take adv of no cooking! I'm sure in a few years, Thanksgiving dinner will fall my lot and I will receive my own family in my home. I really can't wait until that time. I also can't wait to morph into Paula Deen...lol. Really, I'm not rushing my life, but it is fun to think about your grown kids coming home and being with you. Gives me the warm fuzzies!

Well, off to post pictures. I might be back for another blog. Feeling bloggish today!

1 comments:

Brandy said...

Umm. The leomon squares look so good.