CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Evan is teething and that has obviously made him uncomfortable. I know that he is teething, but I do not know if that is totally contributing to his uncomfortableness. He has a runny nose and didn't want to nurse this morning. I think his throat could be sore. The others have sinus problems going on, too. We did a LOT of holding today. I have mastered the art of doing most anything while holding the young one: wiping another after pottying, bathing a child, going to the bathroom myself, filling out bills, shopping (more on that later), etc. while holding my heavy 2 monther. My back is telling the news. I'm planning a trip to the chiropractor within the next week. Between bending over to pump and to breastfeed, coupled with slumping over while holding him, my back is shot.

The middle of the month paycheck is always for our car payment, so what is left is divided between about 3 other smaller bills. There's not much left for anything else. I needed just a few things to tie me over to the next paycheck day (mine), so I set out for Wal-Mart with Erin and Evan in tow. Emory was doing the man thing with his daddy. Evan did wonderfully going out there, falling asleep in the carseat; but I knew he wouldn't stay in it in the store. So, I held him while I shopped. It wasn't too bad. He wasn't perfect, but he was as good as could be expected (teething and all). I did the shopping thing, got up to pay and guess what? I didn't have my wallet. It was a moment to remember. So, I called husband and he called my MIL and she was coming to Walmart anyway, so she brought it to me. I had to nurse Evan during that time anyway, so it worked out. I was so tired and we were starving by the time we got home (bypassed the fast food joints bc I was beyond ready to get home). Oh, another thing that happened was while we were in the van, Erin had to go to the potty. I had just started nursing Evan, so I knew I could not hold him off for us to go back into Walmart. So, I grabbed up an article of clothing to absorb the peepee while she 'went'. It didn't do too good of a job! Oh my, we have fun. I was almost in tears when I talked to my husband on the way home. It was just one of those days! Needless to say, I will be checking my purse for my wallet from now on! Also, I don't think I'll be going back without assistance from my better half!

The day ended up better. I picked up some pecans, 500 to be exact (I count everything..it's a weird thing about me..just ONE of the many weird things), brought in some collards from the garden (that I have to 'look' over before bed...they are stinking up the house...I got in trouble for blaming the smell on husband's feet..lol), got the kids in bed BEFORE 8pm (no nap for either) and I'm about to go see about making a lemon pound cake. My kitchen needs a bit of cleaning and I can't stand to cook in a dirty kitchen.

Amy, you will appreciate the day I had today. I'm sure you've had one like it before, right?

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Monice that sounds like an eventful day. Yes, I have finally joined the blogger community. Brodie is teething so I know what you are going through. Everything that he grabs goes for the mouth. I haven't tried to go to Wal-Mart with Brodie by myself so you are very brave.

Natural Mama said...

Hey Brandy! Glad you are reading my blog!! I'm sure you can relate to most everything I post! :)

Loveya

MameyJane said...

Many, many, MANY such days. You handled it much better than I probably would have!