CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 27, 2007

How I'm feeling....beware GROUCH post

The blogs have been few and far between, but I really haven't felt much like blogging. Today, I'm pretty ill, so those are usually good blogging days because I have something to rant and rave about.

Right now, it's naptime. ARG. I could scream. My kids sleep late. We don't get up until after 9 most days. I mean, hello, it's summer. I spend all the rest of the year getting up (them too) at 6:30. So, I don't try to put them down for a nap until 2pm or so. Listen to this...

This morning they played so well, Emory with his blocks, talking to himself in the corner. Erin, lying on her belly on the floor in the kitchen, coloring. I got my chores done (making the beds, sweeping the rooms, general straightening) and was feeling good about my accomplishments. I even swept off the sidewalk/porch while the kids played out for a bit. We came in and had some lunch. While the kids ate, I took my bath (I try to be 'up on' my baths, bc I never know when my last one might be for a while) while my leftover tomato pie heated in the oven. Well, while I ate, they were playing on my bed in the bedroom. I thought one of them would probably get hurt, but I didn't know what else was going on. Finally, after I finished my tomato pie and rested some at the table, I decided to check on them. They had every piece of cover off of all the beds and all the pillows off of, even the couch. All of this was in the middle of the floor in the kid's bedroom. I just about sobbed. It is so hard for me to do my housework now with this big 14 pound child between my legs. They had undone all my work. I went and got me a switch. I know they were just having a bit of fun, but I had already told them to not pull the covers off, that they could play with just the pillows. So, we worked at getting everything back in order.

By this time, it is 2:30-2:45 or so. I finally have them go to the bathroom and get them in bed. It is now 4:10 and neither one is asleep. Erin has got up to poop twice, got up about 5 times just to get up (striped her booty, but she is SO stubborn), including while I've been writing this, and Emory has gotten up once to poop and he is still in his bed jabbering away. I don't mind his missing a nap, but I insist he stay in bed and rest for awhile. Erin missed her nap yesterday (same scenerio exactly as today...I finally said 'forget it, get up' at 4:30) and was a basket case by last night.

I. am. so. tired.

I am tired of people asking if I'm still pregnant. I am tired of people calling before they go places to see how I'm doing before they go. Isn't that stupid of me? It's just aggravating being on everyone's schedule. I am tired of feeling tired of that because I know people are just concerned. I am so pressured to have this baby on Tuesday. I don't want to be induced. I am Natural Mama, I believe in natural birth, nature, duh. But, I feel so much pressure to have this baby. Everybody has to adjust their schedule around my having this baby. Everybody needs to know a date and a time. I am about to scream. Last night, Dh sat on the couch and told me I could cry if I want. But, you know I am past tears. I'm just so tired. I want to be pregnant in peace and just have this baby when it's ready. Well, I think my child is back up AGAIN. Okay, I'm back. I haven't even been excited about just having my baby because I feel like the world is just waiting on this baby to come so their lives can go on. Well, she fell off the bed. Hold on.

I think I've made the statement, "Noone is more ready than I for this baby to come", but I don't think that is true. There are people more ready for this baby than I am. I just want it to come when it's ready. The anxiety I'm feeling is from other's anxiety.

I am not a rude person. I don't mean to sound rude or offensive. I know everyone who makes comments are just concerned and I really appreciate it, honest. Really, what bothers me most is just the pressure I feel to have the baby now. "We need to know when it's coming" kind of thing. "You're still pregnant?" kind of thing.

I'm just having a rough day. My baby girl won't nap and I'm falling apart at the seams.

The good news is my sister and her family are down. Hope to get to see them tonight. If my kids don't nap, we won't go. That is a fact.

Keep coming back for more news, hopefully. Sorry to be so hormonal. I'm sure that's what it is.

3 comments:

Pint-Size Princess said...

I hate days like that. I get grouchy when the kids unmake the bed and I'm not even hugely pg. And bummer to no naps. That gets me goign too.

My mom was the worst about "Well, I can't make any plans until this baby comes..." Gah woman! Just make your plans and change them if you have to. Why are you putting off weeks worth of plans b/c this baby will come on ONE of those days, maybe?

Speaking of kids and sleeping, I need to be getting mine to bed. Oh, one last thing, I need to tell you how jealous I am that your kids sleep until 9am. Tomorrow is my "sleep in" day, which means I probably won't have to get up until 6, 6:30 if I'm lucky, lol. But then again, I bet your kids don't go to bed at 7pm either and I like my quiet evenings ;)

DiPaolo Home said...

Hey monisca, I've been right where your at except i only had one when i was pregnant. I hope everything gets better. I will be praying for you. love ya

MameyJane said...

Dear Child, I remember having some of the same feelings. Although, I am sure it wasn't as bad. I sure hope I haven't said anything to make it worse! I have noticed ten gajillion comments on your blog and I'm sure that doesn't even start to describe the turmoil! I wish there was something I could do to help :(. You stand your ground and don't hesitate to tell people where they can get off--I'm sure it will be forgiven in your state (they should know better than to mess with a woman in your condition). I love you!