CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 29, 2007

My birthday and other musings

Well, I hope this post will be more upbeat than yesterday's. FWIW, Erin did nap, Emory didn't, we went to see my sister and everything turned out ok. Thank goodness, moods uplift, huh?

Yesterday was my birthday. I had a good one, nothing too eventful (obviously, no baby). Dh let me sleep to almost 12 NOON, isn't that wonderful? I got up around 8am, but he allowed me to go back to sleep while he handled the kids. They brought me a present from them (a stationary set) and was sweet about that. I hung out with Dh and the kids, didn't clean much, just basic straightening. At 4pm, we met some of our dearest friends and family at the Mexican restaurant to have supper for my birthday. We had a really good time. They brought out the sombrero and sang to me. I was embarrassed, but it was fun, too. I'll upload some pics from the restaurant. I don't have one of me in the sombrero, must've slipped my mind, :). We went back to my mom's and talked and let the kids play. I didn't do much getting up off of the couch. Oh, Mom did make me a chocolate chip pound cake for my bday. It was as yummy as I remembered (she used to make it all the time while we were growing up).

As of right now, it is almost 4am and I have been awake since 1am or so. Occasional contractions, but just too uncomfortable to sleep. Erin has a bad cold. She woke up around 2 and still hasn't gone back to sleep. She's watching a movie, sitting next to me. I suspect we'll miss church tomorrow because she and I will probably be sleeping. Speaking of contractions, I have had a lot of activity (contr. the last couple of days). I'm still praying I'll go before Tuesday. I don't want to be induced, but I will probably go ahead with it. I know I'll be depressed about it later and before. Please pray that I'll go before then. Sitting here, I'm having contr. every 5-7 mins, but if I get up, they stop, or they aren't consistent for an hour.

Thanks for not being offending by my post yesterday. I know I was so hormonal! I'm worried that I will be after the baby is born. I'm glad Dh will be taking off a week. At least I hope he still is....

Love to all!

0 comments: