CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 22, 2007

Why did I fool myself? (Misery)

Why did I fool myself into thinking I would get peaceful, uninterrupted sleep here at the motel with my Dh? Just as I figured, my food that I ate last night never did digest and sat right there at the top of my esophagus all night long. The second misery is I was hot all night long and like a wild woman I got up and turned the thermostat down to 68 and finally cooled off. The last, but not final misery, is my tooth that is in need of a complete root canal (I picked up my xrays yesterday--just got to make my appt) flared up with a vengence. It was even throbbing up into the bone which worries me. I'm worried about infection being in my bloodstream, hence my baby's bloodstream. I surely wanted to put off a root canal until after the baby came, but I will be in pain every night until then, I guess. It's weird because when I thought I had a broke toe, I willed myself into not taking anything for pain. But, when you have a toothache, you will take whatever you can find. Of course, my final misery is my state of being at this moment. I don't think I could get any bigger.

So, we had a nice little short anniversary celebration. I'm just really let down that I did not get my 8 hours of pure, blissful sleep. The reality has hit that it won't happen again for a few more years.

A few good things are happening today. The first thing is I get to take a shower. Ah, what a lovely word, shower. Remember, we only have baths in our house. You don't want a mental image of a big walrus (me) getting in and out of the bathtub. It's not good. The second good thing is I get to meet up with my best friend and spend some time with her sans the kids. Well, she will have her precious new baby (one of the babies) and I will finally get to love on her to pieces.

Off to enjoy my shower...

2 comments:

Pint-Size Princess said...

A solid night of sleep? Let me see if I can remember the last time that happened....must have been...over 5 years ago? Remember, it's jsut a season in life, and I would rather not be able to sleep b/c of pgs and babies then any other reason.

Natural Mama said...

of course, you are right!