CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 25, 2007

The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly




The Good:


"Every good and perfect gift cometh down from the Father of lights in whom there is no variableness neither shadow of turning" (from memory--probably not a perfect quote)


First of all, I haven't had pain in my jaw from my bad tooth. I prayed a quiet prayer to God that He would help me hold off with this root canal until the baby is born. I haven't had to take any pain medicine since Thursday night. I'm really grateful for that. I'm glad God helps us with the little stuff. I'm glad the big stuff to us is big stuff to Him, Amen?


I really slept good last night. I don't sleep horrible every night, but last night just seemed to bring extra good sleep. Maybe I'm gearing up for a sleepness night, who knows? Anyway, it was nice.


Another good thing is that I've gotten my daily chores done already (currently washing clothes), got something in the Crockpot, made fresh lemonade with my kiddos, and played blocks with them (see pictures). They went to sleep really fast and are napping peacefully.


More good is I got a little unexpected money come through for us last night just when we really needed it. I love how that happens.


Last, I have 3 girl outfits and 3 boy outfits washed and in the diaper bag. I have a boy outfit and a girl outfit for the hospital-come-home outfit. Also, I'm at peace with my girl name I have chosen! Too late, anyway, because Emory and Erin also want to name the boy that name. They love it! You, however, will have to be surprised like everyone else! :) I'll give you a hint, though, it starts with an E! :)


Just a little Bad:


"In this life, ye shall have troubles; but be of good cheer for I have overcome the world" (another one I probably mutilated..lol)


Erin has regressed some on her potty training. We were down to panties all the time except at night. I was waiting until she woke up dry to put her in panties at night. Well, the past few days, she has been peeing in her panties on average of 2-3 times per day. It is really frustrating. I hate for her to see me frustrated over it, but I just want her to be trained NOW! She is the smartest little 2 yr old I've ever met, and I know she can go potty! God give me patience--It's probably just a little phase. She seems to have an accident when I'm not directly with her (yesterday in church I was on the piano, playing for choir practice--she was playing out in the sanctuary--maybe she didn't feel she could interrupt me?). I'm going to try harder at just taking her every couple hours or so and see how it goes.


Another misfortune is that to wash my bassinet 'clothes', I have to take the bassinet apart! That will probably be a chore that I put off for now.


Since we're doing baby misfortunes, the name that we have picked out for a boy is not appealing to me as another name I really liked from the start. I've just got to get up the courage now to try to convince Dh to change his mind about the boy name we've had chosen since February! Wish me luck!


See, not much bad!


The Ugly:


Well, besides my current state of being (j/k), what is really ugly that is going on right now, is we have chimney sweepers in our fireplace right now. They are driving me mad. They are so loud and barely give me any peace. I don't know the duration of their stay, but I hope there is something I can do to sweep them on out!


Something else that is ugly, is just infidelity/adultery. I wanted to do a separate blog on this subject, but I decided against it. Besides the devil, what makes a 35+ something year old woman want to leave her husband of several years, a good stable life with kids, and live with a barely 20 something boy? I just don't understand it. It could be vice versa, too. Forty year old men moving in with a 20 something chic, leaving his faithful, hardworking wife and kids for a little ego boost? I get what happens but I want to shake the guilty party who didn't squelch (is that the word I'm wanting?) out this before it ever blew into something huge. This is so common (just heard of an incident, thus the post) that I'm going to try to commit time every day to pray for my marriage, my husband, and other marriages that are going through this. I hope you will join me! No situation is ever hopeless, thank God!


Off to post some pictures... Thanks for reading...

1 comments:

Pint-Size Princess said...

Yay for good!! Boo for bad. And ditto the ugly, it's very ugly indeed.