CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 21, 2007

My mom rocks! (& MIL) Plus 35 week update




This morning, I work up early (5:30 or so) to help Dh get everything ready for his overnight stay in Mobile. He is attending a work conference there today and tomorrow. After he left, I decided to just stay up and get some things done. I finished my ironing for the week and settled down in my new chair (so comfy) to read a new book I started (titled: A Merry Heart by Wanda Bunstetter--about the Amish). The kids eventually woke up about 7ish and we were sitting on the floor playing--I helping Emory put his train set together--when my mom comes to the door. This is totally unexpected, but a nice surprise. She said she woke up with me on her mind. We visited for a bit, and then mom said she wanted to help me clean. The house was okay, I had just mopped Tuesday, I just had a few dishes, and of course the beds hadn't been made. I had aimed to clean the bathroom, wash clothes, and sweep off the porch today. Well, she got busy. Those of you who know my mom, know that she can clean a house! So, as I sit here at 3:50pm., my whole house has been swept and mopped (even the LR/DR, again), all dishes washed/put up, beds made, BOTH bathrooms cleaned, outside porch swept off, trash taken out, and I'm sure there's more. I mainly focused on the laundry and watching the kids while she did all of this.


So, when the kids took a nap, I guiltlessly took a snooze on my new comfy, chair. It's so great to have a nice, supportive mom who comes through even when you don't feel like you need her to. My MIL is always there for me too. Tonight, I'm going to spend the night with Bradley sans the kids because it's our anniversary next week. She has volunteered to keep the kids and I know they will love staying with her.


On the update front, not much new to report. Contractions every now and then, belly and weight seems to be the same, feet hurt at the end of the day, baby may have dropped? I'll try to get a 35 week pic this weekend. I did have another girl dream last night. She looked a lot like Erin did at a few months old. If this is a boy, I will be so surprised! Not disappointed, but surprised. I'm frantic about not having a definite girl name, but figure when I'll see her, I will know what to name her? Hopefully!


Including a few pics of the kids, of course! Have a great weekend to all.


2 comments:

Pint-Size Princess said...

I've read a few Wanda Brunsetter books. They're pretty good. And YAY for a clean house. Any chance your mom wants to come over and do my house next?

MameyJane said...

One question: What does Dh stand for? Dear husband? Darling honey? My mind is spinning at the possibilities. I love the pics. Keep them coming!