CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 16, 2007

34 wk update/Stubborness 6/14



First of all, I can't report any new happenings except one major foot swelling day. Contractions are down to one/two per day--what's up with that? Just 3 weeks ago, I was having as many as 20 per day. I don't seem to have gotten any bigger (could I?) and my pelvic bone hasn't given me any less pain. Turning over in bed or anywhere is sheer torture. In fact, I lay on my back for the best relief. I don't think we're supposed to do that if I remember right? Bladder urgency hasn't gotten any worse. I try to keep my hormones in check. All in all, I can't complain. Oh wait, one complaint: my feet hurt! Also, it's hot, but I would be hot anyway because my house is hot (not much insulation/window units). Baby's movement is sporatic; I stay on the move quite often so I'm sure I rock it to sleep.


On the anticipation front, I can't say I have time to anticipate this new arrival. My other two keep me majorly busy. The other night I dreamed I had her (at home--it was great) and when I woke up I was like, "no way--I can't be about to have a baby!" Not too much longer now, ready or not. I need to revisit baby names for girls. Still no clue.


On the preparation front I guess one could say I have been nesting, except it's not baby-related. I've been cleaning, purging, moving, and straightening. Tomorrow, I hope to finish the LR which includes: washing the pillow covers on the couch/washing the walls, moving furniture to sweep/mop/ cleaning light fixtures and fan. I will probably allow myself an hour to do all of this so I don't overdo it. On the baby preparations, I need to: wash carseat cover, install carseat, wash bassinet cover, move it to bedroom, wash a few newborn boy/girl outfits, set up changing table in BR, buy new pad for that, buy breast pump, buy a sling, buy a few more cloth diapers, fix a diaper bag, pack me a bag, register at hospital (reluctantly), find out what I can/can't do concerning routine procedures (i.e. Hep B shot) for baby, and I think that will do me! I'm going to do the major stuff next week.


Part Two: "Who can find a stubborn woman, for her price is far above rubies." Isn't that in there somewhere? LOL Erin Abigail is the most stubborn little girl I know. My! We are having some trouble with breaking her will. The bad thing is she's so cute and innocent about what she does. Know when babies are 12-18 mos and get into everything? Well, she postponed that stage until now! See picture below (or above) of what she did while I was ironing. She's into pulling all the blankets, covers, pillows off the bed/couch and making a 'cave' or pulling all the clothes out of the drawers to make a 'car'. Tonight she pulled down every towel save 2 and had them in the bathtub. Oh, what fun it is to wring out seven huge soaking towels. This is the 3rd time she's done it and she's been punished every time! Can I just say, stubborn? I'm sure it will be cute 20 years down the road, but it's NOT cute to a 34 week pregnant fat mama!


Something funny she did (boy, can she be cute and funny) this morning is while in bed, we were looking at our honeymoon pix (loves to look at pix) and she saw a pic of her daddy. I said, "Look at how skinny daddy was." She said, "I want him to do it again." LOL


Emory goes to youth camp in GA with my mom and dad. I know he'll have a good time and I'm not worried about him being with my parents--esp my dad, Mr. Hawk Eyes. I will miss him, but he's coming back Monday. He is a good kid. He says some funny things too; I'll try to remember some to post.


Bradley did some 'nesting' projects tonight after work including putting a screen on our laundry room window. It will be nice to not worry about the cat being back there all the time. We are having trouble with our water going on and off so that interfered with my clothes washing and kid's bathing. I did get to bathe myself in two inches of water. FIL is coming to work on it tomorrow, bless him, he deserves a big FD present! He finished in my bathroom today; the paint job is great!


Well, nice book, eh?

What a busy summer!

2 comments:

MameyJane said...

I just love reading your blogs! They make me so homesick! You mean alot to me, Monica. Elijah will out of the blue say something about Monica, Erin, or Emory. He loves yall, too! I wish I could be there for the baby's birth, but I guess it won't happen this time. We are loving our new house and life here in TX. The kids are so happy and so much fun. I am trying to keep my blog posted frequently. We love yall.

MameyJane said...

I forgot to say...I just love the pics of Erin's antics! That poor cat...how many lives does it have left?