CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Busy Weekend and a Misfortune

After my blog Thursday night (yeah, the one about no contractions), I could not sleep. I was very uncomfortable and my thoughts were going at full speed. Finally I got up at 3am and got in the recliner. I immediately started having contractions every 5 minutes (like clockwork) and this went on for 2 hours. I know it was through 3 clock chiming sessions. My contractions weren't BH, bc they radiated into my back. About 5am, I got up, emptied my bladder, and went to the couch. I sat there and read a few magazines and lo and behold, my contractions became irregular and eventually subsided. I finally got relief enough to go back to bed where I slept soundly until a little after 8. Emory left with mom and dad (he was so excited) and the in laws came over and worked on my bathroom until 1pm! My MIL cleaned and decluttered some of the back part of the house for me (the part we don't use much). It is wonderful! I love the way my bathroom looks now. I wish I would've done a before picture--no, I would've been too embarrassed. We've actually taken a few baths in there now. A little paint and new linoleum can do wonders! Anyway, I'll post some pictures after my blog. I did more spring cleaning (shh, don't tell my Dh--I just can't sit around all day and lie on my left side--rest, smest, I can't do it..not when the nesting hormone is in full force) including washing more walls and baseboards in the living room, taking all couch pillows off and washing them (the ones that you sit on turned the water black in the washing machine--that's how dirty they were, ick), sweeping behind and under the couch (amazing what you can find under there), and washing some light globes. I didn't work at it over an hour so I could say I had not 'over done' it. Friday night was grocery shopping and I had gobs of energy to shop--no contractions--it was nice. In fact, at one store, Dh finally went out to the van so I could continue to look. :) Saturday was a family get-together at my MILs and it was nice. I put some stuff on Ebay that evening and didn't do much cleaning besides washing my dishes and sweeping. Tomorrow is my dr. appt., so I'll post about that later. I will add a 34 wk pregnant picture, but don't let it deceive you--I look way bigger in person!

On to the misfortune. I think I broke or at least fractured my toe this weekend. It throbs even now as I type. I was running over to Dh's car at the bank to hand him a loan payment slip and running back (there were cars waiting on me to move) and I tripped on the curb, but somehow caught myself before falling (jarred my hip pretty badly). Somehow, my toe bent on the curb as I went down. Of course, with all the people behind me, I just jumped in my van and only realized when I had shut the door that my toe hurt something fierce. It was bleeding pretty badly also. I found out later that it had gravel all in it (had to pick it out, ouch). Anyway, it basically has not stopped hurting all weekend. The bone that connects my toe to my foot (it would be called the knuckle bone if it was my hand) is the one that is so bruised, sore, and swollen. Anyway, guess it was pretty funny to all 25 of the cars in line at the bank (the 5 o'clock rush), but the pain isn't funny, that's for sure.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Guess I could've done an "Ode to a Father" blog, but I didn't. Happy Father's Day to all. My Dh is a great one. My kids love and adore him. I appreciate him as a father. I couldn't adequately do it on my own. The kids will always remember the funny songs he makes up for them. :) Blessings.

0 comments: