CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Me, a seamstress?

Talking to a friend of mine this past week got me interested in sewing. I had previous tried it (for like, a day) but the babies were so small it was too hard to maintain time. So, yesterday, my MIL brought me one of her sewing machines and I gave it a whirl, literally. I practiced on some old pants that never fit Emory and then I actually hemmed up a pair of his pants! They really don't look too badly, either! I also took the pockets off the side (cargo pants) because they hang down way too low to look decent. I was proud of my small accomplishments. It will just be nice to be able to sew up his pants or do some minor alterations to clothes when needed. I was hoping that the same part of my brain that allows me to play piano 'by ear' will be the part that helps me to sew well. I have a craft pattern that I may use to try my hand at something else.
I got on Ebay yesterday and actually won a pattern for AIO cloth diapers. I would love to sew this new baby some diapers without having to buy so many. If I got good at it, I could maybe sell some on Ebay?

Speaking of my MIL, bless her, she has come for 2 days in a row and painted my extra bathroom. It looked horrid before. I had started painting it, but stopped when I found out I was pregnant. I never like the color I started with. This time it's a nice green color with white trimwork. My FIL came today and stayed about 3 hours painting the ceiling and trimwork. I am blessed to have great In Laws. I'll have to post a picture of the final product!

I worked hard today and am soo tired. Yesterday, I spent the children's naptime sewing (see above paragraph) so today I made up for my chores I missed. Plus I finished mowing the yard. So, my day consisted of: watering tomato plants in the garden (at least I have started using the lawn mower to carry the bucket of water), finishing up the grass (probably 1.5 hrs. worth broken into two intervals), cooking dinner, making beds, sweeping, cleaning off table, washing dishes, general straightening of rooms, swept off porch/sidewalk, and finally watered my flowers/plants. I took a nice soak in the tub about 5:30 and then went to church, tired! The kids played good with all my busyness. I hope tomorrow I might can take them to the park and just play with them. I don't have a lot to do, just some ironing and washing clothes.

Tomorrow I'll be 34 weeks pg, so I'll try to do an update and maybe a new picture this weekend. Emory is going away this weekend to a kid's camp with my mom and dad. I will miss him, but feel ok about him going. I guess bc he's going with my parents? He'll be back Monday. The camp is about 9 hours away. Yikes.

Need to try to get up earlier in the mornings so I can start my day before the kids. I stay up so late that I love to sleep in in the mornings. At least until after 8. See what happens tomorrow. Good night!

1 comments:

Pint-Size Princess said...

Getting up early in the morning, huh? What a great idea! :)

It is nice to be able to fix clothes isn't it? That and making diaper covers are about all my sewing machine gets used for. One day I would love to be able to make beautiful handmade clothes, but you have to actually practice to get good, and I hate the practicing, lol. I also would like to sell diaper covers some day, I figure I can get plently of practice doing that while making them for my kids, since nobody but me sees them!