CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 08, 2007

33 week update and other happenings...

I hope this pink shows up well; just feeling pink today. Nothing to do with girl vibes, I don't think?? Not much to report this week on the pregnancy front. I had an appt. on Tuesday--no weight gain, measuring bigger in fundal height than what I'm 'supposed' to, nothing else new. I think I've gained a little over 20 pounds so far. Contractions aren't any more than normal, some days more frequent; other days almost nonexistent. People at church tell me that I won't go to my due date. I've been waiting for that comment. They told me that the past 2 times and I went pretty close and had big babies, too (Erin would have been big). I'm very uncomfortable with finding good sleeping positions, bending over to pick up a toy (usually), and bathing comfortably. This is a time when a shower would be a God-send. I still really haven't had much swelling and I'm thankful for that. I've been eating pretty decent foods since school has been out. Pretty much eliminating sugar and flour products this week (trying to rid myself of candida which I think causes my allergies and skin rashes). It's been hard because I don't have much of a variety of foods to eat. More on that later.

We've had youth camp at church this week. I always enjoy youth camp. The kids have enjoyed it and have been fairly good. I hope I don't take their good behavior for granted. Today we were at the table (in the fellowship hall) eating (just Emory, Erin, and I) and they were sitting so still and eating so nicely. I tried to think of a worst case scenario so I could be thankful for their behavior. We practiced with the choir and they would stay in the church and play at the pews while we practiced. I guess it's because we expect obedience. If you expect it and accept on obedience, you'll get it. It takes lots of early training, though. We're still in the training process with Erin, but Emory is pretty much trained. He just goes through 'reinforcement camp' every now and then.

We had a couple come help with the choir this year and on the second night of camp, I remembered the wife from being an acquaintance of mine as I was growing up. When I asked her if she remembered me, she said she did. So, we have enjoyed talking this week. She is pregnant also, due in Aug, and this will be #5 for her. Exciting to talk to someone who has/wants a big family like I do. I hope we can keep in touch.

I would like to end my blog today with a word about my husband. He totally rocks. He is the best dad, ever. I couldn't make it without his help. He is always willing to do whatever I ask him to do. He is the most loving man I know. He doesn't care if every little thing is done in the house or if a hot meal is on the table--he is so understanding. He is the best singer and just amazes people with his voice. I love hearing people brag on him as a singer and musician. He has a heart for God and desires the will of the Lord for our lives. He recognizes when things start coming in between he and his love for the Lord. He prays fervently. He is my lover. He isn't perfect, but he is perfect for me! :) Just a note about my wonderful man.

I'm going to try to download some pictures on here. Then it will be time to iron, clean the bathroom, and do some more spring cleaning. All while fighting the urge for a nap.

0 comments: