CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Summer Cleaning Schedule

Just in case you're interested....

Things I make sure gets done before anything....

( ) Make beds/straighten rooms (usually spend about 5 mins in BRs after making beds to straighten)

( ) Clean off dining room table (this can become a problem area FAST)

( ) Wash dishes (even if it's just a few, dirty dishes = roaches in our home, ick)

( ) Sweep LR, DR, and KTCH (every other day)

( ) Empty/take out trash (every other day)

***Things that get done while kids are napping***

Monday:
( ) Wash clothes (just work on this throughout the day)
( ) Clean out frig (this consists of throwing out leftoevers)
( ) Mop (LR/DR--every other Monday)
( ) spend 15 minutes outside (yard work, flowers, etc)

Tuesday:
( ) Dust furniture
( ) Iron (iron all of our work/church clothes, usually takes a little over an hour, but I listen to the radio or talk on the phone, and it keeps me from having to rush to do it before church, etc)
( ) Wash sheets/Rugs (every other Tuesday)
( ) 15 minutes in guestroom, decluttering/cleaning OR in Living room with some spring cleaning(I alternate every other Tues with GR and LR)

Wednesday:
( ) Sweep off porch/sidewalk
( ) Clean the bathroom (not deep cleaning, just the sink, tub, and modey w/a lil baking soda water--every other Wednesday)
( ) Alternate every other week 15 minutes of spring cleaning/decluttering with Guest BTHroom and Dining room/Bthroom

Thursday:
( ) Wash clothes
( ) Clean off glass surfaces (use vinegar/water mixture--every other Thursday)
( ) Alternate every other week 15 mintues of spring cleaning/decluttering with laundry room and Kitchen

Friday:
( ) Sweep bedrooms, hall
( ) catch up on any chores incompleted
( ) Alternate every other week 15 minutes of spring cleaning/decluttering with Office and Bedrooms

Saturday:
( ) clean out van
( ) vacuum out van (every other Saturday) Right now, I'm really lazy and am just running it through the car wash every 3 or so weeks.

Sunday: (don't even do my daily chores, unless I make dinner)
( ) pay/do/organize bills
( ) clean out purse/diaper bag

Sounds like a lot, but this is the second summer of this schedule and it works for me! I try to do my daily chores while the children are awake, but the others I leave to their napping, so I do have time to play with them. I do sneak in the once-a-week doze myself, but that's why I have a catch up day. I always have to catch up on Friday and Saturday! Don't stress about it, though!
Also, I don't pick up after my kids all day. After I straighten, I don't worry about any mess that's made. They can pick up after themselves at night before they go to bed. No worries, man!

0 comments: