CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Stinky Shoe...

Not me!

Butting in from a busy laundry day to post a funny.....
Yesterday afternoon, we had 'breakfast' for supper and as I was preparing the biscuits, I, of course, preheated the oven. A few minutes into the preheating I noticed a peculiar smell coming from the oven. I knew I didn't have anything else on the burner (the eggs and grits were already done), so I just sort of ignored it--for a while. The smell got worse and I noticed it had a burnt rubber smell about it. After seeing smoke start to come from the bottom of the oven (the broiler part), I had a flashback of Evan putting a shoe in the oven that morning. YK, it's one of those things you sort of see, but don't, or quickly forget about it. My reflexes went into action and we retrieved the black, melted, smokey shoe from the oven. Yuck. Evan looked very guilty! :o)
The bad thing is it was a shoe from a pair we had borrowed from a friend. Oops.
Have a good day.

3 comments:

MameyJane said...

Hilarious! Even is such a cutie...look at that nut-brown skin and those chocolate puppy-dog eyes...he's getting so big. It seems like yesterday you were bringing "Heaven" home from the hospital and now there's going to be a new one! God is good!

Brandy said...

LOL. This sounds like someting Brodie would do, lucky he knows to stay away from the oven.

Anonymous said...

Funny!