CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Going for 5 at 5....

Getting up early and getting my day started with prayer and Bible reading is soo important to me as you probably know. However, it is SO easy to fall off of the wagon, so to speak, and I have done that more times than I care to confess. Every day, though, (some days more than others) I'm reminded how much I need the Lord, need His wisdom to raise these children in the right way, need His guidance on what to say to them and how to discipline, train, and disciple them. Sometimes, I just lean on the kitchen counter and tell the Lord just how much I need Him to help me. I can't do it alone. I know the Lord has convicted me to get up early and I know it works. I know it is what I must do.
I love a challenge and I love numbers. Everything I do, I do in numbers, it seems. I'm sure they have support groups for me. :o) So, my challenge to myself has been to go for 5 days in a row, getting up at 5am. Last night was a pretty restless one. I started out going to bed before 10 and someone had a wreck out on the highway in front of our house (we live on a dirt road, but you can see the highway) which caused the power to go off (guess they hit a pole or something?) so I finally drifted off to sleep (after constantly looking out the window checking on things, etc.). Got up at 3 something for the bathroom, got up before that because little son had soaked through his clothes, then it seemed I didn't get back to sleep before the alarm went off. But, here I am.
So, do you feel up to a challenge? Maybe you want to go for 6 at 6am? :o)
Well, I'm off to catch a few more minutes of computer time before I get busy with the children's laundry...the biggest laundry day of the week!
PS I haven't abandoned my homeschooling part 2 post...hope to finish this week....

0 comments: