CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 17, 2009

Don't you love a bargain?

I teach a few students piano and I really enjoy spending the extra money I get from that on things like clothing for the kids or home decor. Occasionally I will spend it on going out to eat with my kids or something that we don't allow much for in our budget. Anyway, I'm thankful for my side 'job' and for the extra income it provides (I enjoy it as well). We have a couple of stores *sort of* nearby that get burn-out type things or overstocks, etc. I love, love to shop there. One really needs a couple of hours or more to really have a good time. I think my idea of a good Mother's Day gift or Birthday would be to be given a few hours to go and dig around (that's what you have to do sometimes...:o) for some bargains (sans the kids..:o). Last night, I rushed in for a few minutes (30...wow, did time fly) while my sweetheart sat out with the kids (I had my daughter) and I snatched up some great clothing buys for her. I used to borrow my sister's girls' clothes, but now my little girl is the same size or past the youngest of hers, so I can no longer do that. She is in desperate need of some modest skirts, so that's what I was mainly looking for. I didn't really find skirts, well, one, but I'm not sure it will *really* be as long as I would like it to be. I did find some really cute tops and a jumper. Just the denim jumper alone (Guess? brand) had an original tag of $34.50. The tops, both Carters (the short-sleeved didn't have an original price on it) had an original tag of $15.00 each. I paid just a little bit over $20 for everything (and I had a few kids song CDs in the bag too). The tea pitcher is from Walmart and it was $3. It has SIX cups with it as well!! I also decided to try the Purex powdered laundy detergent because I can get a huge box for $2.58. I think it may even be cheaper than my homemade recipe (maybe not as healthy...hmmm)! So, here is a peek at my bargains. I love to see bargains, so if you ever come across some, post a pic and let me look! :o) Happy Friday!

2 comments:

MameyJane said...

Very impressed with your bargain-hunting finds! I can't think of anything more fun than finding a good bargain--and doing it at Hudson's puts the icing on the cake. Cute, cute!

Pint-Size Princess said...

Nice finds! I use Purex liquid laundry detergent and have been pretty happy with it. I've seen ratings for detergents for use on cloth diapers, and Purex Free and Clear rates at the top, so it's pretty good stuff. I like their naturals I think it's called. And it's concentrated. I only spend a few dollars a month in laundry soap, and you know I have a lot of laundry!