CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Goals for 2008

I trust everyone had a pleasant transition into the new year. Make any resolutions? I don't, but I did make a few goals. Resolutions and goals are different. A resolution is something you resolve to do. A goal is something you achieve or aspire to do. Here are a few goals I'll share with you:

1. Continue having my morning devotional time w/God--continue getting up at 5am. (The past 2 mornings I have done awful with this--sleeping until almost 8am! I know that I will get 'back on board', that I'm just going through a tired phase, but I'm so ready to get back to my early mornings with the Lord)
2. Do not fall into the snare of procrastination. (Staying up to snuff with my housework and not putting things off to a more convenient time. If I see that the trash needs emptying--do it--don't wait until I clean up the whole kitchen)
3. Read books to help me become a better wife and mother. (Primarily the Bible, of course, but I love to read books by Godly authors to help me be the woman God wants me to be)
4. Stop being late to church and other places. (If I say I'm going to be somewhere at a certain time, then I need to be there at that time. I am really going to do this because it makes my husband so happy when we are early or on time for church. I should make an extra effort if for no other reason than for him. )
5. Maintain integrity--do what I say I'm going to do.
6. Be a better helpmeet to my husband. (Don't put off doing those things that I know would help him--for example, ironing his clothes for him so he is not late for work)
7. Be consistent and firm in my disciplining the children. Do not accept any unacceptable behavior.
8. Have a more scheduled week--especially with homeschooling time for the kids.
9. Be a better, more prepared Sunday School teacher.
10. Do more random acts of kindnesses.
11. Cultivate relationships--do a better job of maintaining old friendships. Some I need to renew that have dwindled some over the past few years.

I have a few scriptures I also jotted down in my journal--scriptures for me for the year 2009, but I will have to share those later. With my slothfulness this morning, I have not read my Bible yet. :o/

0 comments: