CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Blessed Schedule

First of all I want to say a huge CONGRATULATIONS to a dear friend, "kugoi", on the birth of her first at-home-born SON! You can read her blog by following a link in my sidebar. I hope she will post some details of her birth very soon as I am way interested in homebirths! :o)

Yesterday we started back on our 'school' schedule and I kicked myself in the 'pants' to get back up early. It is so nice being back on a schedule. The kids enjoyed the 2 weeks of holiday break, but sometimes unstructured time leads to more idle time. Idle time is not good for children (or adults). Let me say again that I love, love getting up early and having my time with the Lord. I believe this is God's will for me and anyone else who wants to get closer to the Lord. I have fallen in love with His Word and He meets me in prayer so sweetly. I can feel the results of my putting Him first throughout my day. I pray I never go back on this. I certainly don't desire to.

Yesterday I decided to try something different with our homeschooling. My dear friend (a new friend) does homeschooling with her kids in one of the rooms in our church. So I thought I'd try it. I am bad about leaving oldest to himself in his schoolwork and just checking on him when he needs me. I am distracted by getting other things done. So, I used our fellowship hall, which has a gym attached and it worked out great. No distractions. I got to work with both children. The baby played in the gym and the kids got to play after school. It was cool. My friend and her children got to have 'recess' with us. Anyway, I think maybe it is something that we might enjoy doing.

Anyway, that's a good bit of rambling, but I did want to have a post up. :) I'll leave you with a sweet picture of my youngest.

2 comments:

MameyJane said...

We're trying to get back into our schedule here, but it's going slowly. The new school thing sounds neat! Is Erin doing some schooling too? Keep us updated.

Brandy said...

Wow!!! Evan has gotten so big. I love reading your blogs. I need a schedule so bad, I guess after chemo we might be able to get on one. Love Ya!!