CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

More Sickies...


Well, today is Sick Day part 2! Thank the Lord, He has blessed me to be well to take care of my sick babies! Evan is still having a small bout of diarrhea, but has felt better today. He has eaten just barely today and I'm nursing him pretty regularly. It is a blessing that I haven't weaned him already, because I'm glad to have the extra nourishment to give to him at a time like this. Erin ran a high fever last night, felt pretty good today (played outside some), just had a bad runny nose, cough, and hoarseness. Well, tonight her fever got back up to 103.0 and she is a sick girl! Emory stayed in bed all day with a stomachache and a fever of 103.8 (at one point). He hasn't had diarrhea, just lots of bloating, some coughing and congestion. It is so weird all of these different bugs striking at once! Dear husband stayed home with us today to help out. I felt strenghthen by his being here. We slept in until 8am because we (I) were up and down all throught the early hours of the morning. I did so miss my quiet time and look forward to it in the morning! Now, if I could just get on up at 5am! :o)
It was very warm, almost hot today and we enjoyed the varying of the temps. I *do* hope that Christmas Eve/Day is a bit cold, though. Anyways, the kids played outside and such (sans Emory) and enjoyed dressing like summer! :o)
The last 2 days have found me frantically finishing my Christmas shopping, mostly online via Ebay and Vision Forum.com. I really hope all of my Ebay toys & such get shipped by Christmas. Such a risk I have taken. I have been really pleased with my deals for the most part. Have you finished yours??
To change the subject, I read that Michelle Duggar gave birth to baby #18 today! A girl, Jordyn-Grace Mikaya Duggar. Cute name. I also didn't know that their eldest son had gotten married. You can go to http://www.duggarfamily.com/ and click on his son and wife's website. Pretty cool. I love reading about good godly young ppl making god-centered decisions. It's a breath of fresh air in this evil day!
Another thing I wanted to share is that yesterday while surfing, I found a really inspiring blog at http://www.aholyexperience.com/. Check it out and let me know what you think. Be prepared to stay there for awhile! :o)
Keep us in your prayers. My home is pretty much a wreck and I'm fighting the procrastination spirit. lol. I hate when my house gets really destructable...it affects my inner being. But, sick children come first and I have tried not to focus too much on my house. I *could* do better, though. I know that within my spirit. I just have a procrastination problem. I believe I'll blog on that pretty soon. :o)
Here's hoping that you and yours aren't sick during the Holidays!

1 comments:

MameyJane said...

I made a crockpot of homemade chicken noodle soup today. You know if I were near I would bring some to my poor dear suffering loved ones. It was soooo good and comforting. We are praying all the bugs are gone far and away before we get down there. Get well SOOON (please). No, really, I feel for you, an exhausted Mom who doesn't feel all that great herself, but has to keep going anyway. May the Lord strengthen and refresh you. Let the healing virtue floooow.