CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wednesday's What's Going on...

Well, let's see if I can give a pretty decent mid-week report:

*Homeschool is going GREAT! I love it. It only takes us a little over an hour to do all subjects, not counting our devotion and read aloud. Emory is enthusiastic mostly. I stay on him when he gets lazy, not losing my patience, but gently guiding him and reminding him that he IS going to do his work. :o) He always does it and we have a good time when he does 'pick up his feet'. :)

*Speaking of homeschooling, I went to my first homeschooling mtg in the county and it was ok. It was pretty unorganized, but the president had resigned (b/c she was living in another state trying to run it all while her husband was working construction) during the middle of the yr last school yr, so that was understandable. We talked about several things, but didn't really decide on anything, much. I found about some extracurricular activities I can get Emory involved in, so that was neat (see next paragraph)

*Emory had his first Art class today at our County Extension office. It was pretty fun and way cool. He got to pick a clip art picture to paint on a 11 x14 poster. He chose a still life of a pear. It was relatively easy (I'm so glad he chose that) and he did great. I'll try to remember to post a pic of him and his artwork tomorrow. He will go once a month. They have sewing lessons starting next Wed and I plan to attend that. I have really been wanting to learn to sew. I mean SAHM and sewing goes hand in hand, right? ;o)

*Remember I told you a few posts down about trying EC with Evan? Well, since his first birthday, I'd been taking him to the bathroom after diaper changes, when I see him dry after awhile, etc. Well, he hadn't done anything and I was getting a little slack. I would just take him before bathtime. Monday night before bathtime, I noticed that he was still dry and it had been awhile since I had changed him. I sat him on the potty and he went! I was ecstatic!! He has gone FOUR other times on the potty since Monday night! :o) Woo-hoo

*Erin's funny of the week happened tonight. Our friend and current fill-in preacher was preaching about the 'Truth" and was near the end of his msg. Erin looked up at her grandmother and said, "Well I love the truth, but I don't want to learn the truth" :o) Cute (for now..hopefully she WILL want to learn it later).

*I have a slight sinus infection this week. I have soaked two tissues since I've been on the internet tonight. Ugh! I'm using the nasal spray, Xlear, and it sees to be opening up my sinus passages a bit.

*My husband got a good evaluation this week and gets a 2 step raise!! Woo-hoo. Praise God for that!

*Evan is walking everywhere and is cutting his 'eye' teeth. Yikes. It hasn't been pretty. :o)

*We have a new pastor, voted in Sunday night. We are pretty excited. :o)

I have truly enjoyed our week and all its busyness! Have a great rest of the week!

2 comments:

MameyJane said...

I'm so jealous of your sewing classes...and your patience :). I looked at K-4 workbooks at WM tonight for Elijah. I am scared it is too much for him. Maybe I am underestimating him?

Pint-Size Princess said...

That souns great!! Our county extension office has sewing classes too, but of course they're on a night when DH works, and I don't like leaving my kids with anybody just so I can do something, yk? I also found a homeschooling 4H group for kids Asher's age, but I keep forgetting about it. Doh! Sounds like a great week for you though!

Oh, and hte getting lazy with school, Asher does that occasionally. He's now heard "We do our best for school" so often that when I point out he's being lazy he'll go "oh right, I need to do my best for school!" and it gives him an instant attitude change. I don't know why it works so well, but I'm glad it does!