CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Weekend in Review..

Even though I don't hold down a corporate job during the week, I still look forward to the weekends. I like having my husband home, enjoy us piddling around the house together, and I also quite enjoy the benefits of having dual disciplinarians in the home. :o) I don't stick to a schedule or have to do laundry on the weekends. I do basic pickups and cook a bit. We just enjoy being together. Some weekends are busier than others and we have obligations, but I do so enjoy those that require no special preparations or leaving the house unless we just want to!
My sister and her husband (and girls) are down for Labor Day Weekend, so we've visited with them a bit. Friday we went grocery shopping together and then Friday night our best friends' son had a birthday party and it was really fun. We love chillin' with our favorite people--you know people with whom you don't have to put on airs or anything--you can just be yourself. Those are the people with whom you have the best times! Anyway, Saturday, we slept in a bit (until almost 9!). I was expecting my sister to come over, so I started getting the house straightened and cleaned some. I got everything but the kitchen and took a break to cut a bit of grass (actually, I finished the whole yard). Then, the babies and I went to a bridal shower while Emory stayed and helped his dad work on a birdhouse and finish insulating the bathroom. After the shower, my dad took Erin and the rest of us (my neices included) to see some pigs (Erin's dream!). I came home pretty soon afterwards, cleaned my kitchen and my sister and her family came over. We decided to go over to my In-laws' to go swimming. My sister and I talked while we watched the kids swim. That is until I noticed my neice, who can't see very well, literally sinking in the deep water. My sister had Evan so I jumped in to save my neice. Whew! I finally just decided to stay in (the water looked tempting anyway! :), fully clothed and all! :) We later came back to our house, ate pizza, and chatted. It was a good and long day. I was proud that it was long, because I love long days if they are weekend days! :)
This weekend, we had a visiting preacher (upon whom we will be voting in the next week or so), and and he really did some great preaching. We still aren't sure how we feel about him as our pastor, but we are praying for God's will. It is just a serious situation--getting in a pastor. I almost wish churches could have a 'trial run' for the pastorship. :) Anyway, we are enjoying our long Labor Day weekend!
Tomorrow, the hurricane will hit the United States--projected around New Orleans. I know we will feel some affects--hopefully NOT tornadoes. They are scarier to me than hurricanes! Anyway, we are just to lots of rain and winds--Fay came last weekend. :o)
Emory had some behavioral issues this week--I don't know WHAT was the matter, but he was somewhat sullen and a bit rebellious. We didn't do schoolwork for a couple of days because he really easily frustrated and lacked enthusiasm. One day, I contemplated putting him in school, not because I didn't want to handle him, but because I was thinking maybe I wasn't doing the right thing--maybe he DID need to be with other children in a classroom setting. He seemed bored. I prayed long and hard on Thursday--I need(ed) so much wisdom. The Lord reassured me and I felt Him speak to me that I needed to take one day at a time, enjoy him, stop worrying and just make the best of today. Oh my, that helped me. God is sooo good. So, Friday, I went ahead and ordered him Science, Math, Language, and Spelling books. I am so excited about just digging in with fulltime homeschooling with him. I have workout a new schedule, which is more children-focused than before and I'm excited! I'm going to try to remember what I felt God impress me to think, "Don't worry about tomorrow, enjoy today"! I may have to put it on my frig! :o) There WILL be times that we have a bad day and may have to put off school for a day, but God is there to help us and I believe He will reward us for wanting to teach and train our children at home and in His ways.
Well, I have ants crawling over me from somewhere, so this will be all. Anytime after a rain, they will find some little minute crumb that can barely be seen with the naked eye and devour it. Ugh! Well, this is one crumb that can be seen that doesn't want to be devoured! :o)

Have a great Labor Day!

0 comments: