CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Opportunities...


Tonight I received a call to be the pianist next week at a nearby Baptist church's revival. I gladly accepted. I feel that God just gave me the talent to play the piano. It's hard to explain, but I never had to learn to play, per se, I just picked up either on my own, or by watching others. I have no reason to brag on myself, so I'm not--God gets ALL the praise.

Last week, my husband, our friends and I had the opportunity to minister all week in music and song to a local campmeeting. We really were blessed by being a blessing. I can't think of a much greater satisfaction than being a blessing and using the talents with which God has gifted us. The bottom line is I just love singing and playing the piano--especially when it's with those I love!

I have recently begun teaching a couple of students piano. I was sort of skeptical of my ability because of my lack of training as a music teacher. I decided to go full speed ahead and rely on God. He has truly come through! My students are doing great, are practicing hard, and God is guiding me in teaching them. It's exciting to see them learn with each week.

My husband ministered to us at church last night with a great sermon on "Pilgrims and Strangers". He is not officially a minister, but we both feel like he has a calling in that direction. God is definitely leading us that way and we are looking forward to doing His will. I'm excited for my husband and what God is going to do for him.


So thankful tonight for the opportunity to serve God with the talents He has given me! Are you using yours?

0 comments: