CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Flea Market

No, I didn't go to it, it came to me!!!



My first cousin had (past tense) two hound dogs, very nice dogs, but they had fleas, awful. My puppy who gets bathed at least once or twice a month and who is on Topical flea medication would get a few fleas on her because of these dogs. When these dogs would come around (read: all the time), I noticed we were starting to have fleas in the house. I would pick a couple off of me and the kids every day or so. I would see (one time, SIX) some in my dirt pile from sweeping. The past few days, I haven't seen any other than the occasional one I would get off of me.

Fast forward to Monday night, I thought I had gotten into red bugs, because I had some really itchy, red whelps the next morning. I had cut grass the day before and hadn't taken a bath that night (okay, so I fell asleep during the family devotion/read aloud time) so I thought that must be it. I made sure I bathed really good the next day. Wednesday morning, more bites. I thought I just haven't gotten the red bugs rid of. I was putting creme on around the clock and even took a dose of Benadryl. This morning, I woke up at 5am itching. I went to get a drink of water and stopped by the kids' room for a looksie in their mirror at my back. I had 3 FRESH bites. I decided to strip down. After two look overs in my pajamas, I found not one, but TWO fleas residing inside my pajama bottoms. They met their doom and I went to check out my sleeping quarters.

Evan had a few bites on his back (sleeping next to me) and I really got upset at these blood suckers. I checked him over really good and the covers and decided to go back to sleep. Yeah right. It's the same feeling you had in school when they checked everyone for lice. Your head itched the rest of the day even if you didn't have it. You felt crawling in your head all day. I finally got up at 5:30 and did the quiet time/housekeeping thing. I enjoyed the jumpstart on my day, but I am not happy about my bites.

Speaking of them, I counting all my bites today. TWENTY THREE.

ICK

1 comments:

Dawn said...

Ick..poor thing.

They have those inside foggers you can buy and fog your house. That will get rid of them once and for all.

We recently fogged our house just because (not because of bugs or anything) and it lasted 2 hours and there was no musty odor or anything.

Or have you Googled how to get rid of fleas naturally?

Hope this problem comes to a halt soon dear one!

~ Dawn