CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

ON Vacation!

Well, we are about 13 hours from home in Oklahoma! We had a good trip with my parents--the kids did great! Emory only asked 'when will we get there' about 4 times which I thought was minimal. Erin was really, really good with no peeps hardly. Evan was good for a 10 month old. He and I sat in the very back of the van and got reaquainted! :) He rarely cried at all. He started getting restless at about Tulsa, but we were almost at our destination!! :)

We are at a church camp that I haven't been to in 12 or so years. I see lots of kids I used to hang out with some and they have kids and most don't even remember me! I mean, time does a lot, doesn't it! Anyway, we are enjoying ourselves, hearing some great messages, and eating good meals! :) The stay at the motel has really been relaxing for me. My kids are mostly in my parents' room all the time. LOL We have gotten some good sleep and relaxation. It's just nice to be able to just relax without having to wash dishes or make beds, etc. I enjoy doing those things for my family, but every now and then it's just nice to be able to relax with your family! :)

This weekend we will go through Missouri and visit my brother and his family, whom I have not seen since Christmas. I'm REALLY excited about that visit. My brother and I rarely talk (he isn't really a phone person, and neither am I) but we sort of have this understood relationship that is a great one--we sorta pick up where we left off, even if we haven't talked in months! :) He is a wonderful person. Maybe I can take some pictures of us at their house.

Well, just thought I'd check in at the motel!

PS. Thanks for the comments on my other post! I really appreciate the time and effort of your comments! You know, this week at camp, SO many young ladies my age have 3-5 kids and tons are pregnant..so it's encouraging that more young families are having more kids. I mean, when my mom was having kids, they had 2 or 3 which seem to be the norm for now--except in Conservative circles. Now, young families are seeming to want more children. That's encouraging!! :) Well, gonna go lay down by my precious little angel of a son and get some sleep!!

2 comments:

Pint-Size Princess said...

That sounds like a great vacation!! Can you pick me up on the way next time? lol.

Pint-Size Princess said...

I just came across this link (I've talked to the mom who wrote it) and thought you might find it useful, given your last post.

http://www.quiverfull.com/articles.php/id11/